My grandmother
I was leaving the post office today and passed a woman as she was coming in. Probably in her late 60's, she was a tall woman, moving slowly with the stooped, rounded shoulders of arthritis and age. She kept her grey-white hair cut short, but it curled around her head in loose waves, and she had functional plastic rimmed glasses set firmly on her nose.
For just a second as I held the door, her eyes caught mine, and there was such happiness and peace, even while she moved stiffly in her body made painful by the years. And for just that second I could see my own grandmother standing there.
Grandma, there's days when it hurts every bit as much as the day you left us behind. I love you and miss you.
For just a second as I held the door, her eyes caught mine, and there was such happiness and peace, even while she moved stiffly in her body made painful by the years. And for just that second I could see my own grandmother standing there.
Grandma, there's days when it hurts every bit as much as the day you left us behind. I love you and miss you.
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home