Summer almost gone

To me, this is the end of summer. The kids are both in school. My summer visitors are gone, and the guest room will spend the next 3 months accumulating odd shoes, balls, boxes, broken electronics, spare computer parts, and things that should be thrown away but that I feel guilty if I do.
Yet it is hot. And so while my summer fun days are gone, I have weeks and weeks still til the days cool off and I don't cringe at the thought of the 30 foot walk from my air conditioned house across the pavement to my black, black car every time I leave the house. Oy.
My pity party will end as soon as I have finished the last load of sheets and pool towels (once again, I used the excuse of having family in to avoid my washing machine for 3 days. And then couldn't find it buried under the mess when Monday morning rolled around). Our day's have flowed easily into an early rhythm of waking the kids, making breakfast, shopping at 7:40 in the morning after dropping Montgomery off - the stores are all but empty, and I can let Samantha run the aisles besides me without worrying she'll knock over some little lady that is lingering by the end display. The 4 hours Samantha is in school are peaceful, quiet, productive. Freedom.
Summer being over isn't a bad thing.
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home