Signs of life
I've had an absolute absence of energy this week. To the point that some mornings, getting out of bed sounded like more than I could handle. Ugh. Not sure why I've been so tired; probably a combination of kids wearing me out and not enough sleep. But anyway.
I moped around the house yesterday, and when I finally let the family know it was a choice of hotdogs or hamburger helper for dinner Sean took pity on me. Took the kids to football practice with him, and then stopped and got pizza after. Wow, did that three hours alone improve my energy and mood.
It also wiped Samantha out, and she slept in until 8am this morning. Which means *I* got to sleep in until 8am!!!
So today I've so far:
done 4 loads of laundry, cleaned 2 bathrooms, cleaned the kitchen, caught up the paperwork that was waiting on my desk for 4 days, organized the July book updates for the Passionate Ink website (I'm now officially co-webmistress there, whee~!~), packed Sean's bags, completed three logos, updated the spreadsheet tracking all the books and promo items that came in this week that came in for Atlanta (I voluntered to drive the items if anyone that's flying wanted to ship their promo stuff to me). Checked in on a few writing sites that I've neglected this week. Made notes on the chapter I should have been working on this week - those 5000 words a week don't seem to be writing themselves, so I guess I'm going to have to break down and do it >G<.
And it's not even lunchtime!
Hope your Friday is as productive (or not) as you want it to be. And that you get a chance to experience the joy of a good nights sleep, and the energy that comes with it :)
I moped around the house yesterday, and when I finally let the family know it was a choice of hotdogs or hamburger helper for dinner Sean took pity on me. Took the kids to football practice with him, and then stopped and got pizza after. Wow, did that three hours alone improve my energy and mood.
It also wiped Samantha out, and she slept in until 8am this morning. Which means *I* got to sleep in until 8am!!!
So today I've so far:
done 4 loads of laundry, cleaned 2 bathrooms, cleaned the kitchen, caught up the paperwork that was waiting on my desk for 4 days, organized the July book updates for the Passionate Ink website (I'm now officially co-webmistress there, whee~!~), packed Sean's bags, completed three logos, updated the spreadsheet tracking all the books and promo items that came in this week that came in for Atlanta (I voluntered to drive the items if anyone that's flying wanted to ship their promo stuff to me). Checked in on a few writing sites that I've neglected this week. Made notes on the chapter I should have been working on this week - those 5000 words a week don't seem to be writing themselves, so I guess I'm going to have to break down and do it >G<.
And it's not even lunchtime!
Hope your Friday is as productive (or not) as you want it to be. And that you get a chance to experience the joy of a good nights sleep, and the energy that comes with it :)
---------------------------------------------


2 Comments:
You're doing a great job at PI, Karen!
Hope things settle down a bit!
This post made me tired just reading it. And here I was complaining about an hour of mandatory ot.
Post a Comment
<< Home