Yay I won a trip.... oh damn I won a trip
So I've had a bit of fun entering some sweepstakes this summer. There's this nice site that breaks down all these sweepstakes into different categories, and it all started with a combination of my mom getting a great win, and me wanting to win a new computer. The Alienware contest is long over (and won by someone else), but I still spend between 2 minutes and an hour several days a week picking out things I'd like to win. Hey, you never know, right? It's free to enter, and my only rule is it's got to be something I'd like to win - either something I'd use, or I think I could sell for a few $.
So after about 6 weeks I had a nice win. A Media Player and Wireless router from D-Link. Of course it's still sitting in my dining room in the box while I decide if I'm going to keep it or sell it, but the thrill of winning ... yay!
Then yesterday I got my second win. A trip. To Cancun. 6 nights, which means with travel a full week. Yay! but .... mmm. The hubby just can't take a week off. Ever. So, what to do?
I know! My son and I will go. We've not had a chance to really do much fun stuff together in ... well, since my daughter was born really. I miss the fun stuff we used to do together, although I admit this 7 day trip to a foreign land is a bit more exotic than any of the fun stuff we used to do. A dinner date to share fajita's at a Mexican place used to be more our speed. But this time, real Mexico! Except.
Except that after reading the fine print, and some extensive research online, it comes out that this fabulous resort that we have won the trip of a lifetime to is "adult". Adult, in most foreign places, means nakedness - at least on the beach, and probably around the resort as well. Actually, someone on a message board posted that she went to this place on her honeymoon and had a fabulous time - but there was much nakidness to be seen. Definately not what I had in mind for my 11 year old son as a bonding experience, although I think it would for sure make some lasting memories. (Their web site actually says they don't allow anyone under 18, so please don't think there's any chance he's going to get to have this experience.)
I'm still waiting for the rep to call me back so we can discuss this. I *want* to go to Mexico. While I have no desire to share my bewbs, or see those of others, I can turn a blind eye on my way to that gorgous beach. But really, truely, I'm hoping that they'll transfer us to that family style resort owned by the same company, right around the corner. Where the only naked chests will belong to the cabana boy bringing us our orange juice on the beach. That's my kind of nakedness.
So after about 6 weeks I had a nice win. A Media Player and Wireless router from D-Link. Of course it's still sitting in my dining room in the box while I decide if I'm going to keep it or sell it, but the thrill of winning ... yay!
Then yesterday I got my second win. A trip. To Cancun. 6 nights, which means with travel a full week. Yay! but .... mmm. The hubby just can't take a week off. Ever. So, what to do?
I know! My son and I will go. We've not had a chance to really do much fun stuff together in ... well, since my daughter was born really. I miss the fun stuff we used to do together, although I admit this 7 day trip to a foreign land is a bit more exotic than any of the fun stuff we used to do. A dinner date to share fajita's at a Mexican place used to be more our speed. But this time, real Mexico! Except.
Except that after reading the fine print, and some extensive research online, it comes out that this fabulous resort that we have won the trip of a lifetime to is "adult". Adult, in most foreign places, means nakedness - at least on the beach, and probably around the resort as well. Actually, someone on a message board posted that she went to this place on her honeymoon and had a fabulous time - but there was much nakidness to be seen. Definately not what I had in mind for my 11 year old son as a bonding experience, although I think it would for sure make some lasting memories. (Their web site actually says they don't allow anyone under 18, so please don't think there's any chance he's going to get to have this experience.)
I'm still waiting for the rep to call me back so we can discuss this. I *want* to go to Mexico. While I have no desire to share my bewbs, or see those of others, I can turn a blind eye on my way to that gorgous beach. But really, truely, I'm hoping that they'll transfer us to that family style resort owned by the same company, right around the corner. Where the only naked chests will belong to the cabana boy bringing us our orange juice on the beach. That's my kind of nakedness.
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home