Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Don't be grumpy Mom
Chiropractors
My grandmother
Fall TV
Polls
Weekend
Freedom March isn't so free
The Underwear Oracle
Much work to do today
The man who might have been president vs the man w...

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Thursday, September 22, 2005

    Authors who care, Readers who care

    I've been a big fan of Nora Roberts for somewhere near 15 years.  I actually started reading her books back when I was a teenager checking out a dozen or more romance's at a time from the library, but I don't think I hit "fan" status - searching out her books, and putting them in the keeper box (or shelf, depending on the house) til my 20's.

    She is an active member of her fan web site, ADWOFF, and after meeting her at a book signing several years ago I can say she was as friendly, warm, and happy to meet her readers in person as she seems in print (and on screen).  She's been a private supporter of several charities over the years, with literacy being a pet cause.  But in the aftermath of Katrina, she has really stepped it up a notch.

    Although she was in Europe when the hurricane struck, a drive by her fans was started to raise money for Habitat for Humanity.  A challenge was issued - "I don't mind the matching funds idea, but in point of fact, ADWOFF may not be able to raise the amount I was thinking of donating. Better yet, of course, if you guys surprise me." ~Nora Robert"

    As of today, ADWOFF raised over $21,392 so far!

    Nora more than matched that.  
    So as a member of ADWOFF, I'll be sending in a check for $500,000.”

    To someone who is not only one of my favorite authors, but now has inspired me as a giving person – thank you.  

    ---------------------------------------------

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home