Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Chat tonight with Ellora's Cave authors!
Five Guilty Pleasures
TBR
A week full of ... what?
My first finalist! And Happy Valentines Day to you!
Sony Librie eBook Reader
More Gmail love
Currently...
Word Cloud
Young Adults

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Saturday, February 25, 2006

    I just visited Dublin.


    And damn, was it tasty.

    That's called Dublin Mudslide.
    Irish Cream Liqueur Ice Cream with Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Coffee Fudge Swirl

    Go ahead -- take a wild ride down the Dublin Mudslide! From the first dreamy dip into the truly Irish Cream liqueur ice cream, through the jumpin' java fudge swirl & chipsy chocolatey cookies, don't be surprised to hear your tastebuds exclaiming "Erin go Wow!"

    Yum. My tastebuds were in too much bliss to be exclaiming, but I'm a happy person right now. As happy as I can be when my hubby is 2500 miles away. (Shush to anyone thinking I am happy because he is 2500 miles away. We're up to day 3 - I miss him!)

    Also making me happy - I re-read the transcript from the chat last night with the Ellora's Cave authors, and I think everyone else had as much fun as I did. Sylvia Day, NJ Walters, and Lauren Dane were there to answer our questions; Rod C and Jordan Summers also stopped in. Jordan didn't say much (we'll have to drag her in to a real chat and grill ask her some questions at another time). Rod was very funny; Sylvia, Nj, and Lauren had so much great information to share. Several books got added to my shopping list!

    We talked about just how they can make those deadlines. (Hint - they all write a LOT. Double diget daily goals. Ouch.) What is hot, what sells best, what doesn't sell, and quite a lot about sex. We touched on purple prose, and spent a hilarious five minutes listening to some great examples of what NOT to write. This conversation was definately for adult minds only ;)

    If you want to read what they had to say, you can download the pdf from Romance Divas. You'll need to register if you haven't already, and ask for permission to the steamy sections - I mentioned this was an adult chat?

    Put together funny, entertaining writers talking about sexy books, and answering just about any question we could throw at them. It was a great time! We're doing it again on March 10th, so if you missed last nights - don't miss the next one! Ann Jacobs, Bella Andre, Denise A. Agnew, Eve Lilas, Jaci Burton, Jory Strong, and Kate Douglas are all scheduled to be there. What a great group chat that will be!



    ---------------------------------------------

    11 Comments:

    Blogger Silma said...

    The way I'm feeling tonight, I wish I could have some of that Dubling Mudslide.

    25/2/06 9:24 PM  
    Blogger Loribelle Hunt said...

    Omg, I love the RWA counter lmao!! Did you hear from your last email? I noticed someone else posted on the thread they got their info and sent it in after me. Arggg...I need a counter too lol! Where'd you get it?

    25/2/06 9:25 PM  
    Blogger Kristen Painter said...

    I so did not need to see that Dublin Mudslide. I have a feeling too much of that and my hips would be "Dublin".

    25/2/06 9:35 PM  
    Blogger Faith Bicknell said...

    I'm an editor of a new site about to launch that will publish erotic romance and erotica. It's unique and nothing like what's on the web.

    25/2/06 10:06 PM  
    Blogger Faith Bicknell said...

    Btw, I meant to tell you how cool your blog design is. I love coffee and like how you have the coffee theme.

    25/2/06 10:06 PM  
    Blogger Jax Cassidy said...

    OMG! I'm so there... y'know I'm Irish, don't you? :)

    25/2/06 11:20 PM  
    Blogger Alessa said...

    Do you know I've never tried Ben & Jerry's ice cream?

    25/2/06 11:24 PM  
    Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

    Yes I definately had a lot of fun in the EC chat! Nice ice cream... thanks for setting off a craving.

    26/2/06 4:04 PM  
    Blogger Shawn said...

    Mmmm...Ice cream. That chat was a blast! I'm looking forward to the next one.

    27/2/06 11:42 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I missed this chat and it kills me!! I'm so over our computer hickups! And now I want to visit Dublin!

    28/2/06 1:07 PM  
    Blogger Angela's Designs said...

    Mmm... Hey, and I'm reading an old St. Patty's day release from EC right now. Missed the chat. I'll have to read the transcript. :)

    1/3/06 1:51 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home