Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

My first finalist! And Happy Valentines Day to you!
Sony Librie eBook Reader
More Gmail love
Currently...
Word Cloud
Young Adults
My reading blahs are lifted.
Sunday morning happy thoughts
Super Bowl weekend...
Luxary

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Tuesday, February 21, 2006

    A week full of ... what?

    It was pointed out to me (Sis: Holy crap woman, it's been almost a week since you put anything on your blog) that it's been almost a week since I posted. I wish I could claim I've been busy solving world hunger - or at least avian flu - but really, it's just life. Sometimes the day-to-day things start to pile up, much as my laundry has done. The laundry is an actual problem, since it all needs to be clean tonight for Sean to pack for Vegas. The blog lack-of-posting, no one is going to be going without undies because of. Unless they want to go without undies, but I'm guessing that you would have done that anyway. So.

    I was saying? Oh, life.

    Sean's golf tour started back up last weekend, with the first event of the season at Black Bear. I won't see him much on the weekends from now until October, except for the weeks I go work with him. I'd forgotten how much paperwork goes with these things too... we spent most of Wednesday and Thursday last week getting the new forms printed with the name change. Michelob Ultra pulled their sponsorship this year (evidently bad beer doesn't sell well enough to sponsor a golf tour), so they're back to American Amateur - even though the web site still hasn't been redesigned. And to make things even more fun, there's another Big Name Company expressing an intrest in buying naming rights, so we may go through all this again in a few weeks. Yay.

    Sean was gone Friday and Saturday to the event at Black Bear, and I thought I'd get some writing done over the weekend. The kids had other plans, and instead we watched lots of Barbie, did a lot of homework, worked on getting the pool back in swim-condition.

    Sunday was paperwork day from the golf tournament. I'm always amazed at how many grown men can't add their scorecards correctly. These men have been playing golf long enough to be competitive, and they can't add 18 numbers that will equal a score of between 72 and 110. Yay for our country's math skills.

    Sunday night, dinner with the inlaws. Jim's 65th birthday is Wednesday, but since Sean will be in Vegas we got together early. Had a really nice dinner at Dolphin Depot - great seafood restaurant here at the beach that I'd never eaten at before. While it's a relatively casual dress style (slacks, but no jeans), it's pricey. I'm not sure how pricey, since there are no prices on the "menu" (a chalkboard they bring to your table, used as a prop while the waiter describes the intricate details of ingredients and preperation). My sister-in-law (they dine there often) said most of the entrees are between $20 and $40 each. And then there are apetizers and salads, and wine. I didn't see a kiddie menu available (kiddie chalkboard?) so I don't think we'll be making it a regular stop on our dining circuit.

    And an update on my back problem. I've got a bit of a problem with degenerative disc disease. Lots of people become afflicted with this at some point in their lives. Getting a more serious form when you're still in your 20's isn't that common. I've been seeing a chiropractor monthly for the past decade, and usually he keeps me on my feet and pain free. About 2 weeks ago I popped it out of alignment picking up Samantha, and have been in more pain than is fun from it. Today my chiro did something funky though, and I was in tears on the table. Not fun. I told him it hurt like hell and he needed not to do that anymore. Poor guy felt bad for hurting me. Not as bad as I did, of course. Ouch.

    Then I went to Books A Million and rewarded myself for my stoic reaction to the pain
    http://www.sowers.org/images/crying%20woman.jpg
    with this months copy of Romantic Times (research of course), Thea Devine's Bliss River, and a Bad Boy anthology from Brava - I Brake For Bad Boys. I think the whole "Bad Boy" concept sounds a bit goofy, but I really liked Bad Boy's Ahoy, so I'm going to overlok the titles and give this a try. Much like I overlook the covers on many books I read. It's not the cover, or the title, it's the writing. And someone - many someones - must like both the titles and the covers, since publishers tell us that's what sells.

    So that's what I've been doing this week. How about you?


    ---------------------------------------------

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Silma said...

    It was a stressful week. Tonz of work. Barely time to write. *sighs*

    21/2/06 3:43 PM  
    Blogger Shawn said...

    LOL at Kiddie chalkboard.

    21/2/06 4:22 PM  
    Blogger Jodie said...

    Wow-whatta week for you!!

    Me, looking after a sick baby, a sulking husband and trying to write. lol. I think this is the same for me everyday...

    A the glamourous life of a writer. Now were is my topless serving-boy??

    21/2/06 7:52 PM  
    Blogger Sam said...

    LOL about the golf scores!
    My hubby wanted to be a pro but missed the cut by one point. Oh well! He plays enough as it is, lol.
    (He adds up my score. I'm the math problem in this house.)
    Good luck with the new sponsor - that's exciting news!
    And I hope your back feels better!

    22/2/06 2:54 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    That's funny that she said something about your length between posts and hers was just as lengthy. My week pales in comparison. lol

    22/2/06 6:42 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home