Age vs Function
Age vs Function
My monitor setting has been at 1600x1200 for 2 years, since my wonderful husband bought me a 19” monitor for Christmas. (Although when I put a ruler to it, it’s only 18” corner to corner… we’ll save that for another topic). I love how much I can get on one screen, especially with text documents, web sites, graphics files. Menus take up less space, leaving more actual work space. In video games with way to many icons, it leaves more open space and less clutter.
But over the last year, I start getting headaches. Or sometimes face aches … the muscles aching around my eyes, from squinting. I realized finally that I just can’t function anymore at 1600 x 1200.
So today I scaled my settings back to 1280 x 1024. Everything looks freaking huge, my menu’s are all over my screen, my text is big enough to read it from … well, from a normal distance, instead of the 12 inches or so I’ve become accustomed to hovering from the screen.
But it looks so ugly. My pretty cleared spaces are full of huge, lurking icons. This is going to take some getting used to.
My monitor setting has been at 1600x1200 for 2 years, since my wonderful husband bought me a 19” monitor for Christmas. (Although when I put a ruler to it, it’s only 18” corner to corner… we’ll save that for another topic). I love how much I can get on one screen, especially with text documents, web sites, graphics files. Menus take up less space, leaving more actual work space. In video games with way to many icons, it leaves more open space and less clutter.
But over the last year, I start getting headaches. Or sometimes face aches … the muscles aching around my eyes, from squinting. I realized finally that I just can’t function anymore at 1600 x 1200.
So today I scaled my settings back to 1280 x 1024. Everything looks freaking huge, my menu’s are all over my screen, my text is big enough to read it from … well, from a normal distance, instead of the 12 inches or so I’ve become accustomed to hovering from the screen.
But it looks so ugly. My pretty cleared spaces are full of huge, lurking icons. This is going to take some getting used to.
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home