Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

vacationover
Samantha the artist
Leaving for the weekend
Web find of the day.
Could you pass the US Citizenship Test?
Outrage, cont.
Age vs Function
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Sean is home at last
Fall yet?

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Sunday, October 16, 2005

    Home again, home again...

    jiggity jog...

    Our mini-vacation was over. Very glad Sean thought of doing this - it wasn't a planned thing at all, merely a "I was thinking we could take the kids to Universal this weekend" kinda thing. We had a great trip, did a lot of fun things together, laughs and memories and pictures and 36 hours or so of fun. To bad it had to come to an end.

    But come to an end it did, about 3am this am. The Radisson had these "great" beds that you could make softer or harder, as you like them. Since one of the hardest parts of vacations for me is sleeping (degenerative back problems, needing very hard beds and many pillows to prop up my back / legs) I was really happy to see this on Friday night. I slept pretty well Friday, although I only had 1 pillow to put under my legs - at home I use one VERY thick pillow, about 8" thick, which takes all the stress off my lower back.

    Saturday night didn't go so well. We somehow were a pillow short from Friday night, so I didn't have one for my legs. Finally I took the one from my head and used it. Around 1:30 Samantha fell out of bed, so took a few minute to settle her down. I noticed my back was very, very tight when I was putting her back down. Tried to stretch a few minutes to loosen it up, but ended up just laying back down and going to sleep.

    Woke up around 3:30 and was hurting. Nothing much I could do though. Stretched as much as I could and dozed off and on until 7, then got up and stretched as much as I could. Since I could barely walk, that wasn't much. I'm thinking it's just the usual didn't have enough pillows thing - then I look at the bed settings. Somehow in the middle of the night it reset itself from a firmness of 80 percent to 15 percent. Which is about as firm as an underfilled waterbed. Ouch.

    It's been pretty painful since then, and everything is totally out of alignment. (Deleted another 3 whining paragraphs detailing how out of alignment...) anyway, hopefully I can get into the chiro tomorrow am and will feel good as ever as soon as he pops everything back into place.

    Was the trip worth it? Yep. I just hate that I do stupid things like forgetting to put extra pillows in the car (I only took 1), or not calling down to the front desk to ask for more. I wish more hotels had recliners in their bedrooms. In the absence of my very firm home mattress and abundance of pillows, they're my best road bed.

    Trying to think of something quick to fix for dinner so I don't spend much time in the kitchen. It may be a Pizza Hut night.

    ---------------------------------------------

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home