Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Coffee talk
Home again, home again...
vacationover
Samantha the artist
Leaving for the weekend
Web find of the day.
Could you pass the US Citizenship Test?
Outrage, cont.
Age vs Function
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Tuesday, October 18, 2005

    What I'm Reading







    Started Bait by Karen Robards yesterday. She used to move to the top of my must-read list as soon as she released a book, but somewhere around The Senator's Wife she lost me.

    This one's moving along ok, but way to much buildup going on. I'm almost 100 pages into it and I still don't know why the heroine is afraid of the FBI, what crimes her father commited (I'm guessing related to gambling, from the "play the hand your dealt" type of foreshadowing), even why she's so oddly attracted to our hero - who is, of course, an FBI agent. I'm already skimming pages waiting to get to the meat of the story. This book's real close to hitting the wall.

    Yeah, I think I remember now why I stopped reading her.

    I haven't found a really good new book in over 2 weeks - maybe it's time to take a break from reading until I'm past my super-critical phase?

    ---------------------------------------------

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Fairchild Research Information Center said...

    told ya, sis - Diana Gabaldon will solve all your woes....
    :-)

    18/10/05 12:11 PM  
    Blogger Angela's Designs said...

    Like me... in two places at once. :)

    I haven't read Karen Robards, but I sure have been meaning to. I attended a workshop of hers.

    19/10/05 1:11 AM  
    Blogger K.A.S. said...

    I WANT to like her. She's from L'ville, my home town, and I've got a fondness for authors from where I've lived. But argh. This one really didn't do much for me.

    22/10/05 8:10 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home