All I want for Christmas
Christmas music on the cd player again today while I cleaned the kitchen. So Christmas thoughts.
Every year I go thru the fine balancing act parents everywhere attempt. How to spend enough without spending to much to get just the right presents without going overboard. Make the kids happy without feeling guilty that you've bought them to much, or not given them what they want. Somewhere between To Much and Not Right is a very narrow precipice of Just Right.
With little kids it's easy of course. Anything in a box - they just want to play with the box anyway. Somewhere around 8 my son became hard to shop for. His interests are very narrow. Video games, YuGiOh, and video games. And money. It's hard to be creative and get that Wow! factor with a list that short.
For me, all I want is the smiles on their faces when they open their presents. A day without whining or door slamming would be nice too, but what I'll really remember are the smiles. That's what I remember about Christmas. Happiness.
To bad you can't put that in a box.
Every year I go thru the fine balancing act parents everywhere attempt. How to spend enough without spending to much to get just the right presents without going overboard. Make the kids happy without feeling guilty that you've bought them to much, or not given them what they want. Somewhere between To Much and Not Right is a very narrow precipice of Just Right.
With little kids it's easy of course. Anything in a box - they just want to play with the box anyway. Somewhere around 8 my son became hard to shop for. His interests are very narrow. Video games, YuGiOh, and video games. And money. It's hard to be creative and get that Wow! factor with a list that short.
For me, all I want is the smiles on their faces when they open their presents. A day without whining or door slamming would be nice too, but what I'll really remember are the smiles. That's what I remember about Christmas. Happiness.
To bad you can't put that in a box.
---------------------------------------------


1 Comments:
You wrote: Somewhere around 8 my son became hard to shop for. His interests are very narrow. Video games, YuGiOh, and video games.
LOL. Same here. My son will be 8 on December 26th and that pretty much sums up his Santa list.
Post a Comment
<< Home