Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Empty houses
Happy Thanksgiving Day
Really having a great visit with David and his fam...
Having a great time with David, Becca and Ace. Ta...
I love my family!
Cars and husbands
High Noon Challenge
What Your Name Means
Geekly News and such
Samantha gets creative

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Tuesday, November 29, 2005

    I survived the 6th grade science fair

    I guess that should say my son survived it, but really, he didn't seem nearly as stressed by the thing as I was. I was very firm about not doing any work. My only work would be driving him to the library (only twice as it turned out) and being his oh-so-critical audience at the end. And reminding him of his deadlines as they came and went with no actual work being done.

    This past Sunday was crunchday. He had all of Thanksgiving break to finish (finish? ha! do) the project, which was assigned what seems so long ago back in September. He'd done the research, the rough draft, the experiment. Never got around to doing the visuals or writing the final draft.

    With family in town I just never got around to being that fun-killer nag that I've been dubbed, until around 10am Sunday. Then I unleashed the wrath of mom on him, and told him no football until this is done!

    He's become something of a Philadelphia Eagles fan this year. Sean's a Bronco's fan, but we have many Eagles fans, and they are a fun bunch - much screaming, cheering, a good amount of manly talk, beer drinking (soda drinking for the 11 year old, thank you very much), and ... no little sister for a few hours. So when I told him there would be no football, he finally took me serious and put the polish on what was a pretty solid project that had suffered a month of neglect. Finished about 30 minutes before kickoff, and was freed to go hang with the guys.

    So today the project left my home. The weight of making sure the thing got done has been lifted, and I celebrated with a double latte and some yummy cheese bread left by my sister this past week.

    I'm already dreading next year though. I tried to remind him, it's ok to do these things early. Even very early. How about the week it's assigned?

    "Fun Killer". It's not that hard a title to uphold.

    ---------------------------------------------

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home