Empty houses
I'm all alone in the house today, which normally is a chance to crank up music no one else likes, talk to myself, leave my shoes in the middle of the floor (I can't do any of this when the kids are home, because then I can't fuss at them when they do it).
But today I'm still sad, because after 11 days of having someone else here all the time, it's not heaven it's lonely.
I'll get used to being alone again pretty quick - I usually love alone time. Not just because of the music and shoes and the chance to talk to myself, but because it's also time to be quiet and goofy and not have to talk to anyone else. But today I'm just going to spend one more day missing my family, and knowing I probably won't see any of them again for months and months.
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. I just wish that it didn't end so soon.
But today I'm still sad, because after 11 days of having someone else here all the time, it's not heaven it's lonely.
I'll get used to being alone again pretty quick - I usually love alone time. Not just because of the music and shoes and the chance to talk to myself, but because it's also time to be quiet and goofy and not have to talk to anyone else. But today I'm just going to spend one more day missing my family, and knowing I probably won't see any of them again for months and months.
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. I just wish that it didn't end so soon.
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home