Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Yay!  I've been waiting for this one.   And if I d...
I just visited Dublin.
Chat tonight with Ellora's Cave authors!
Five Guilty Pleasures
TBR
A week full of ... what?
My first finalist! And Happy Valentines Day to you!
Sony Librie eBook Reader
More Gmail love
Currently...

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Wednesday, March 01, 2006

    Did I loose?

    The Amber Quill Heat Wave results have been posted, and here are the winners :

    AQP'S 3RD ANNUAL
    AMBER HEAT WAVE CONTEST


    The Results Are In!!!

    With more than 200 manuscript entries received this year—almost double the number of entries we received for last year's contest—we had an extremely difficult time narrowing down the list of winning manuscripts. But after numerous weeks of evaluating the stories through three intensive judging phases, we have finally selected 11 manuscripts we felt best represented the erotic romance our readers have come to expect from Amber Quill Press.

    So, without further ado, here are the manuscripts—listed alphabetically—we have chosen to receive our standard two-year electronic publishing contract, and the authors we will be inviting this year to join the Amber Quill Press roster of authors...

    The Claiming - Sherrill Quinn
    Cup Of Fate - Cassandra Curtis
    Darkson’s Forfeit - Marie Harte
    Diary Of A Dirty Cowboy - Jade Rivers
    Family Jewels - Kelly Maher
    Her Black Little Heart - Selah March
    Poker Brat - Barrie Abalard
    Santa’s Helper - Cassidy Kent
    The Streets Of Florence - Pepper Espinoza
    Tales of the Pride: Awakening - Larissa Lyons
    Unloved - Nina Merrill


    Is my name on that list under a pen name? Nope ;
    So I must have lost, right? Well. Guess that depends on how you look at it. Me being a glass half full kind of person, I think I won from this contest in a big way.

    This was my first contest, first submission, and the first time I ever let anyone read my writing, all wrapped up in one. I had great feedback, and I had a major writing flaw pointed out to me by someone who read it before edits. Just by becoming aware of that so early, I came out a winner in this contest.

    I had my first taste of submission anxiety. The "did I hit Send too early" fear.

    I learned what it's like to sit around waiting for results to be posted - it's not fun! I think I'm going to avoid contets that do web site postings at midnight, it makes it very very hard to go to sleep afterwards! lol.

    But most of all, I learned that Romance Diva's absolutely rocks. Out of 11 winning stories, at least 4 of them are Divas. (Still waiting to see if anyone claims a pen name that wasn't recognized, but 4 out of 11 when it was a non-Diva sponsored contest is amazing!) The people support, cheer, prod, cajole, console, laugh, scold, teach, learn, and write together. I've made friends there that I'll carry with me throughout my writing life - and I'm so proud of all of us that entered the contest, and excited for those who find their name on that winning list.

    So anyone feeling a bit sad for me (or themselves) that a certain name isn't on that list, I'd invite to look at how much you've won. Then polish that baby, or put it away and start a new one - there's a world full of readers out there, and a home for every book. Even if that home is a deep dark box in the back of your closet.

    Gratz to all the entrents, and special Congratz to CC (Cassandra Curtis), Jax (Cassidy Kent), Selah, and Pepper!

    ---------------------------------------------

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Lynn said...

    As long as you learned something, it's never a bad experience. So glad you're feeling good about it.

    I'll have to hop out to the Divas later and congrat everybody.

    1/3/06 12:54 PM  
    Blogger Loribelle Hunt said...

    I completely agree with you. My name wasn't on that list either, but it was a learning experience. Definitely a win there! ;)

    1/3/06 4:42 PM  
    Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

    I didn't make the cut either Karen. It hurt! It reminded me of trying out for the plays in high school. Everyone runs up to the just posted list... half the people scream in excitement. And I run to the bathroom to cry! Flashbacks. But it just means we have a short story to clean up and send to the EC Cavemen contest now! Congrats on your first time, Karen! Be proud!

    1/3/06 11:28 PM  
    Blogger Bebe said...

    I'm sorry you didn't win the contest. :-( But, you ROCK, Karen! You're super supportive, and I know you're not far from your dream.

    1/3/06 11:28 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home