March 29??
I looked at my calendar this morning and had to do a double take. Only two days left in March? What the hell did I do all month?
Most of it seems to have disappeared into the black hole where my memory should be. (Heaven help me if Alzheimer's every sets in... I already don't have a lot of memory to loose!) I know there was work, and a trip to see my family, and more work. And lots of busy days and nights. But the details of it? Whoosh. Gone. Good thing I have this journal to remind me of at least some of it...
Busy end of the month coming up. The usual work stuff, and then - my first writer's conference. The First Coast Romance Writers conference is Friday and Saturday, only about a 20 minute drive from here. I went back and forth about going... I am not a member of the local chapeter, so I won't know ... anyone? Although I've chatted with some of the members online, so I do hope to meet some of them there. And there are a few great workshops set up. Last week I finally decided to go - then, as soon as I registered, found out there was going to be a babysitting crisis. Grr.
The weather has also turned nice, which means the kids are starting to give the pool looks of longing. It's not helping that Samantha's new favorite movie is Mermaidia.

Last night she ended up swimming through the house. With no shirt on. Ended up with a touch of carpet burn on her tummy.
I'm wishing my brother were here to clean the months-neglected pool ... Mike? Where are you? Guess I'll have to find time today to get out there and do some serious vacuming / chemicalizing. If it stays in the 70's, my little mermaid will want to be in there even if she turns purple after five minutes.
Most of it seems to have disappeared into the black hole where my memory should be. (Heaven help me if Alzheimer's every sets in... I already don't have a lot of memory to loose!) I know there was work, and a trip to see my family, and more work. And lots of busy days and nights. But the details of it? Whoosh. Gone. Good thing I have this journal to remind me of at least some of it...
Busy end of the month coming up. The usual work stuff, and then - my first writer's conference. The First Coast Romance Writers conference is Friday and Saturday, only about a 20 minute drive from here. I went back and forth about going... I am not a member of the local chapeter, so I won't know ... anyone? Although I've chatted with some of the members online, so I do hope to meet some of them there. And there are a few great workshops set up. Last week I finally decided to go - then, as soon as I registered, found out there was going to be a babysitting crisis. Grr.
The weather has also turned nice, which means the kids are starting to give the pool looks of longing. It's not helping that Samantha's new favorite movie is Mermaidia.

Last night she ended up swimming through the house. With no shirt on. Ended up with a touch of carpet burn on her tummy.
I'm wishing my brother were here to clean the months-neglected pool ... Mike? Where are you? Guess I'll have to find time today to get out there and do some serious vacuming / chemicalizing. If it stays in the 70's, my little mermaid will want to be in there even if she turns purple after five minutes.
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home