Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Still alive
Happy St. Patrick's Day
Authors,
Do you glom? and other reading notes
Grilled Pancakes
Friday Moive
Ellora's Cave Chat tonight!
Google Calendar, deux
IBM Thinkpads and Trackpoint
Laptop withdrawl

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Friday, March 24, 2006

    Google Pages

    I played around briefly with Google Pages this morning.

    My Google page

    Not really sure about this yet... but my first impressions :

    It's very simplistic. It's meant to be used by people who don't have any web coding knowledge I guess, so everything is just very, very simple. No html or css. Type your text in the little boxes (Header, Sidebar, Main Content, Footer). Pick your layout (no sidebar, one sidebar left, one sidebar right, two sidebars). Publish.

    You can add links and pictures, but you can't code them to put in borders, or change size and layout.

    If I find a way to change the look of the site outside their very limited 41 "looks" (mostly just variations on the same theme, done in different colors) and 4 layouts, I could see this being a popular choice for people wanting a quick and easy self-managed website. But having so few choices to personalize the page is a big minus for me.


    ---------------------------------------------

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Marci Baun said...

    I had no idea that Google had such a feature.

    24/3/06 4:51 PM  
    Blogger Kristen Painter said...

    I'm with Faith. I had no clue about this feature of Google!

    25/3/06 4:42 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home