Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Happy St. Patrick's Day
Authors,
Do you glom? and other reading notes
Grilled Pancakes
Friday Moive
Ellora's Cave Chat tonight!
Google Calendar, deux
IBM Thinkpads and Trackpoint
Laptop withdrawl
What time is it?T

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Thursday, March 23, 2006

    Still alive

    Hi, just a quick note to say I'm still alive. Just haven't had time to do the essentials (Work? Food shopping?) and definately haven't had time to play (write).

    Had a great trip visiting my sisters, and squeezed in a trip to visit David as well. Drove home Tuesday, and spent all day Wednesday playing work-catchup. I've gotten through the essentials, but there is still an overflow in the "To-Do" box that has to be gotten through tomorrow.

    Last night was the TPC party at the Marriott in Sawgrass, which is probably the biggest social event I get to attend during the year. Several thousand people attend from the golf world (or people with money to belong to the more exclusive country clubs), including PGA officials and players. Last nights theme was "A Tribute to Motown", so great music and great food themed to go with it. The music was better than the food this year, and neither topped last years combination of the Beach Boys and seafood. Most of the big name golfers skipped the event - with tee times starting as early as 7:30 this morning, and millions of dollars in purse money, I can understand that ;) Did see Fred Funk - the rest of the golfers, that were there, I had a lot of "he looks familiar" moments but no names to put to the faces.

    Best part of the night though was getting to spend so much time with the hubby. He and I don't get to go out just the two of us much, our schedules don't allow it. But his parents kept the kids overnight, so we were able to stay out as late as wanted, up as late as we could keep our eyes open, and sleep in late this morning. Especially after my 5 day trip, it was great to have the time to spend together.

    He's off tomorrow to run a tournament in Orlando, and he's taking Montgomery with him, so Samantha and I will have a girls weekend. Hopefully by Sunday I'll have dug myself out of the weeds and be on top of things again.

    ---------------------------------------------

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    Enjoy your girls weekend. And I know the feeling of having my to do list over-populated.

    24/3/06 7:56 AM  
    Blogger smdrm said...

    After your evening out with the rich and famous, and spending QUALITY time with your hubby, now it's time to come back to reality.

    Have a relaxing weekend with cutie-pie!!

    24/3/06 8:35 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home