IBM Thinkpads and Trackpoint

My new laptop came right as I was putting the burgers on the grill for dinner. Oh boy. Decisions, decisions.
Luckily everyone but me likes their meat well done. I was able to at least make sure my ebay buy booted up while the burgers and 'dogs did their thing.
To make what could be a long technical story short, everything is working great. IBM Thinkpad A22m, with no manual - so lots of buttons that I'm trying to figure out what they do. And a trackpoint. How exactly does this thing work?
Still getting used to that. I use keyboard shortcuts for a lot of things instead of the mouse, so it's not going to be terrible - but it was a rough few minutes getting used to it at first. The burgers were quite well done.
Have one "issue" with the wireless card, I can't get a connection when I have WEP turned on. For now I've disabled it, but tomorrow I need to figure out how to get password and laptop to play nice together.
Battery holds a great charge - was running for over two hours just off battery before I plugged it back in, and the monitor showed it still had fifty percent charge. Most of that two hours was spent rebooting while I tried different configs on the wifi card. Not sure how that affected power use.
For now I'm off to install much software. AntiVi, AntiSpy, and AntiMal. Work. Maybe a game or two ;)
But yay! I have rejoined the land of wifi. Freedom!
---------------------------------------------


1 Comments:
LOL! Congrats on the new computer.
Post a Comment
<< Home