Laptop withdrawl
It's been almost two weeks since my laptop broke, and I'm suffering severe withdrawl symptoms. I feel so out of touch without it!
Most nights PLD (pre laptop demise) I had my umbilical cord to the world on the kitchen counter while I cooked. I'd browse the news sites, seeing what had happened during the day. If I made it through the serious news, I'd browse through the dozens of blogs I check out a few times a week.
After dinner was reading time. Sitting in my chair, with Samantha snuggled in close to me, catching up on who's done what lately.
Later in the night, snuggled up in that same chair with a glass of wine, or snuggled up in bed sans wine, reading an ebook.
Without this end to my day, I feel off-kilter. I'm at my desk before breakfast checking emails, and there through dinner. Then back to the desk after Samantha's in bed. Or, when I can't stand the thought of sitting back down at the desk, I go and watch tv. I've watched way to much tv the past two weeks.
Tomorrow, UPS should be bringing me my new-to-me laptop. I've got all my software ready to install, and my chair is waiting. I'll rejoin the world of the mobile connected, and it will be a Good Thing.
Now, I've just got to make it through tonight. NCIS and House, anyone?
Most nights PLD (pre laptop demise) I had my umbilical cord to the world on the kitchen counter while I cooked. I'd browse the news sites, seeing what had happened during the day. If I made it through the serious news, I'd browse through the dozens of blogs I check out a few times a week.
After dinner was reading time. Sitting in my chair, with Samantha snuggled in close to me, catching up on who's done what lately.
Later in the night, snuggled up in that same chair with a glass of wine, or snuggled up in bed sans wine, reading an ebook.
Without this end to my day, I feel off-kilter. I'm at my desk before breakfast checking emails, and there through dinner. Then back to the desk after Samantha's in bed. Or, when I can't stand the thought of sitting back down at the desk, I go and watch tv. I've watched way to much tv the past two weeks.
Tomorrow, UPS should be bringing me my new-to-me laptop. I've got all my software ready to install, and my chair is waiting. I'll rejoin the world of the mobile connected, and it will be a Good Thing.
Now, I've just got to make it through tonight. NCIS and House, anyone?
---------------------------------------------


2 Comments:
You didn't tell me you found one! Getting a new one is soooo exciting. I need all the details!
Dad will want to know all the details. Keep us updated.!!
Post a Comment
<< Home