Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Difficult day
July goals
Fun days ahead
Is today the day?
Then ('86) and now ('06)
Signs of life
Errand day
Sunshine and Blue skies - after the storm
Submitted
High school reunions

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Wednesday, July 12, 2006

    Playing catch up

    It's mid-summer, mid-week, and mid-month (close enough!). I must be in the weeds. Old restaurant term for so far behind I can't tell if I'm coming or going; sometimes nothing else will do. Ohh, very much so.

    Samantha's doctor was pleased with her progress so far. We go back next week for another check, and hopefully she can come off the meds. She's regained full vision in her eye - thank you so much for all your good thoughts and prayers. It helped me tremendously.

    Two weeks from now I'll be on the road. I get a little more excited every day. In the back of my mind is the thought that this is the first time I've taken a "vacation" without my kids and husband, and I am absolutely loving it. What does that say about me?

    ---------------------------------------------

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Deborah said...

    It means that you are a normal person!
    I am soooo jealous! Maybe I'll sneak away to Atlanta for a night.... :)

    12/7/06 9:56 AM  
    Blogger Loribelle Hunt said...

    It says you need a break...I can relate to that lol! I can't wait to meet everyone. :)


    Glad to hear about Samantha's progress!

    12/7/06 1:36 PM  
    Blogger Tempest Knight said...

    I just says that you're ready for a little "self-pampering", girl. *g* A time out from everyday routine. Don't feel guilty about it. We all need it every once in a while to keep our sanity. *lol*

    I'm happy to hear your kid is doing so well. I hope she gets out of the meds.

    12/7/06 3:14 PM  
    Blogger Shawn said...

    I am so glad your lil'un is going better Karen! Big big hugs to you both!

    In the back of my mind is the thought that this is the first time I've taken a "vacation" without my kids and husband, and I am absolutely loving it. What does that say about me? That you're human? LOL! We all need a little break once and a while, it doesn't make us bad parents, wives, or etc. It just means were human.

    13/7/06 10:36 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home