How Karen lost her groove
It's been a long summer. Going to be even longer, since it's officially not over for another September 23rd, but getting my largest bundle of joy off to school to start his 7th grade year marks at least the beginning of the end for me.
Next week the smaller bundle of joy will return to school (pre-K : where my baby thinks she's a big girl and starts asking to wear lipstick). And I will start grasping at the slender threads of sanity that are still within reach, hoping to emerge from 2006 a non-institutionalized person.
Not that there hasn't been plenty of fun this summer - there has. My two favorite sisters (ok, both my sisters) visited with their families. There was the week long trip that I'm still recovering from. Summer football, and weekly radio shows, and a golf tournament (sometimes two) every weekend. A family situation that is still unfolding that has kept us on our toes around the inlaws.
And not nearly enough time to write, either blogs or books.
Now it's time to start getting that groove back. 6am wakeups, and 9:30 bedtimes - summer is definately over.
I've never been so happy to welcome the fall.
Next week the smaller bundle of joy will return to school (pre-K : where my baby thinks she's a big girl and starts asking to wear lipstick). And I will start grasping at the slender threads of sanity that are still within reach, hoping to emerge from 2006 a non-institutionalized person.
Not that there hasn't been plenty of fun this summer - there has. My two favorite sisters (ok, both my sisters) visited with their families. There was the week long trip that I'm still recovering from. Summer football, and weekly radio shows, and a golf tournament (sometimes two) every weekend. A family situation that is still unfolding that has kept us on our toes around the inlaws.
And not nearly enough time to write, either blogs or books.
Now it's time to start getting that groove back. 6am wakeups, and 9:30 bedtimes - summer is definately over.
I've never been so happy to welcome the fall.
---------------------------------------------


1 Comments:
I look forward to my boys going back to school, but I still have the youngest, a toddler, at home.
Post a Comment
<< Home