Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Let's Say Thanks
"I wish..."
Blogger Beta
Friday Techie Facts
How Karen lost her groove
(This is one big-ass post, consolidated from the b...
One more thing crossed off the list.
Head eating aliens
Fun with email
Updates

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Sunday, August 27, 2006

    Tea is better for you than water -

    - or so the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition tells us.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5281046.stm
    Good news for me, since my tea intake is way up lately. My body has taken a strange dislike to coffee, and most days it isn't worth the hours of indigestion that follow my preferred daily half-pot. Since late spring I've been weaning myself off the java, and now I'm (sadly) down to less than a cup a week. I've missed my coffee; I'll miss it even more when cool weather finally hits us around ... December. Guess I've finally got a reason to be glad Florida gets mild winters - a short cold season to suffer thru without my morning jolt. Studies show green tea may help ward off cancer and Alzheimers - yet more reasons to refresh from the leaf, not the bean.

    I'm keeping an eye on the tropics this week, as most of the gulf and east coast is. Ernesto is giving Haiti a rough time today, and is slowly moving north. So far the storm is tracking with more of an easterly curve with every update; we may get lucky yet again and have this miss us by many miles. Fingers crossed.

    ---------------------------------------------

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Zinnia said...

    I'm a coffee drinker to the core. I like hot tea too, but it doesn't like me. Drinking tea cold is fine, but if I even have half a cup of hot tea I'm worshiping the porcelain god, and I have no clue why it does that too me.

    Well, that was probably too much information, wasn't it? ROFL!

    29/8/06 1:37 PM  
    Blogger Kristen Painter said...

    I really need to drink more tea. I like it hot and cold, but always tend to have coffee in the morning.

    31/8/06 10:38 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home