Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Tea is better for you than water -
Let's Say Thanks
"I wish..."
Blogger Beta
Friday Techie Facts
How Karen lost her groove
(This is one big-ass post, consolidated from the b...
One more thing crossed off the list.
Head eating aliens
Fun with email

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Thursday, August 31, 2006

    Wednesdays child is full of woe

    I can't get the childrens rhyme out of my head today. You know this one? It goes -

    Mondays child poem

    Mondays child is fair of face,
    Tuesdays child is full of grace,
    Wednesdays child is full of woe,
    Thursdays child has far to go,
    Fridays child is loving and giving,
    Saturdays child works hard for his living,
    And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
    Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

    I'm a Wednesday child, and the first time I heard this as a kid I remember wondering why being born on Wednesday had to be so bad. Everyone else on that list has good things going on for them - good looking, graceful, a traveler (now that's what I'd be picking!), loving, giving, hard working, "bonny and blithe and good and gay" - hey, Sunday rocks! Want to bet a Christian wrote this dity?

    But why do we Wednesday kids have to get such a bad rap?

    ---------------------------------------------

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm not sure, but I think one of my daughters was born on thursday, she only learns by her mistakes, not by the wisdom of others, so I consider that far to go. Plus she is very impulsive and a delight to be around. Do you know how I can find out what day my children were born?
    Sharyn DeJong

    12/10/06 8:38 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home