More You've got Mail
I love checking my email - you never know what's going to be there for you.
This morning, it was a email from an editor asking for revisions. My first revision request!
The editor had two things she'd like me to change to make the story what she'd be looking for. Basically, it comes down to writing a few more scenes, this time from the hero's POV.
So yay! All I've got to do is find the time to write the scenes.
**************
Today I'm supposed to take Samantha to a Halloween party at The Corner (where the two beach towns meet). We had a lot of rain overnight and it's still pretty dreary looking, but should be clearing by noon. This is the first year Montgomery hasn't gone - it's going to feel a bit odd, not having his costumed ghoulishness with me. But he decided he's too old for trick-or-treating this year, and even wants to stay home to do candy duty while I take Samantha out on Tuesday.
Then, he decided he was old enough for haunted houses. Real ones - like Universal's "Halloween Horror Nights". Last night he and Sean went down and were properly terrified by chainsaws, splatters of unknown warm fluids (supposed to simulate blood, but just water Sean assured me when I had my own horrific vision of doing laundry), screams and spiders and haunted houses. I think they lasted about 30 minutes before they fled for the relative quiet of Islands of Adventure and did a few theraputic Spiderman rides. I haven't talked to them yet today... wonder how late he was awake with visions of chainsaws in his head.
This morning, it was a email from an editor asking for revisions. My first revision request!
The editor had two things she'd like me to change to make the story what she'd be looking for. Basically, it comes down to writing a few more scenes, this time from the hero's POV.
So yay! All I've got to do is find the time to write the scenes.
**************
Today I'm supposed to take Samantha to a Halloween party at The Corner (where the two beach towns meet). We had a lot of rain overnight and it's still pretty dreary looking, but should be clearing by noon. This is the first year Montgomery hasn't gone - it's going to feel a bit odd, not having his costumed ghoulishness with me. But he decided he's too old for trick-or-treating this year, and even wants to stay home to do candy duty while I take Samantha out on Tuesday.
Then, he decided he was old enough for haunted houses. Real ones - like Universal's "Halloween Horror Nights". Last night he and Sean went down and were properly terrified by chainsaws, splatters of unknown warm fluids (supposed to simulate blood, but just water Sean assured me when I had my own horrific vision of doing laundry), screams and spiders and haunted houses. I think they lasted about 30 minutes before they fled for the relative quiet of Islands of Adventure and did a few theraputic Spiderman rides. I haven't talked to them yet today... wonder how late he was awake with visions of chainsaws in his head.
---------------------------------------------


2 Comments:
I'm still not old enough for haunted houses :(
Me neither.
Post a Comment
<< Home