Today's Happy Happy moment
Sean just called from the accountants office. He had a meeting this morning with the new rep from the IRS. Not sure what stars aligned with which planets, but our last guy got fired, we ended up with a new auditor, who put an offer out for us to just pay the amount of the mistake. No penalties, fees, fines. We're going out to lunch baby!
Sean came home to grab the checkbook (we're talking a pretty low number here, not even something that needs a finance plan). I said are you sure you're happy with this? Me being me, I wanted them to just say oh, bad people, don't write your mortgage intrest in the wrong space again, I hope you've learned your leason. He looked at me like I was crazy. Then says, wait, I never asked them about the child tax credit that we didn't take.
So he takes the checkbook back to the acountants office, and calls me 15 minutes later to say we're going out to a much NICER lunch. Cut that last already-not-so-terrible number by a third. The auditor was very nice, and said if we think of anything else, we can still go back and amend it. !!
No, that's ok... we're done now.
I think it's going to be a steak lunch.
Sean came home to grab the checkbook (we're talking a pretty low number here, not even something that needs a finance plan). I said are you sure you're happy with this? Me being me, I wanted them to just say oh, bad people, don't write your mortgage intrest in the wrong space again, I hope you've learned your leason. He looked at me like I was crazy. Then says, wait, I never asked them about the child tax credit that we didn't take.
So he takes the checkbook back to the acountants office, and calls me 15 minutes later to say we're going out to a much NICER lunch. Cut that last already-not-so-terrible number by a third. The auditor was very nice, and said if we think of anything else, we can still go back and amend it. !!
No, that's ok... we're done now.
I think it's going to be a steak lunch.
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home