Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Samantha gets creative
"Commander in Chief"
Anti-War sermons now put churches on the IRS watch...
Mondays.It's beautiful out, and I've got my window...
Made my first homeade Pumpkin Spice Espresso.If th...
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
Reading
Bourbon
Healthy food
Positive start to today

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Friday, November 11, 2005

    Geekly News and such

    (Non Buffy fans can skip down to the next section)
    Whedon: Buffy Lives In Comics
    Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, told fans on the Whedonesque.com fan Web site that he will be continuing the story of the Slayer in a series of Dark Horse comics, which he will write. "Speaking of Dark Horse Comics, they are starting a new Buffy comic, and as I understand it, it will take place after the end of Buffy and Angel and be canon in the Buffy world. And I understand it that way 'cause I'M WRITING IT. I'm kicking off the book with a four-issue arc that finds Buffy—you guessed it—living in Italy with The Immortal. ...Then I'll be overseeing the book more closely, to make sure it remains true."

    Whedon also said that he's still working on a TV movie featuring the character of Spike (played by James Marsters). "The infamous Spike movie. Still haven't finalized anything, but I feel that very soon I'll be able to go to James and say something a lot more interesting than 'Wouldn't it be cool if ... .' 'Course, I just hope he's free some time this decade. See how my peeps is all actifying!" Marsters currently has a recurring role in The WB's Smallville.

    Whedon, an avowed fan of comics, is no stranger to that world, having authored the Buffy-related Fray series for Dark Horse and the Astonishing X-Men series for Marvel.
    SciFi Online


    Non Firefly fans can skip down to the next section
    Wow! SciFi Channel has decided to continue showing Firefly, even though their initial run has finished. Tonight they started at the beginning again. Friday nights at 7, that's where me or my Tivo will be.

    Not intrested in me writing people can stop reading my blog, why are you here anyway?
    Haven't gotten much done with NaNo the last few days. Hit a plot speedbump Thursday that had me walking around going huh? about my story all day. Caved into the preasure of the Starbucks drivethru at 1:45 (and they don't do the Pumpkin Spice Latte anymore drat them. Gingerbread Latte is no substitute. My wallet can relax now, there will be money for the kiddies this xmas afterall). One venti latte later, I had it all worked out. Well mostly worked out. Came back and finished my plotting last night, although I haven't actually gotten any of that down on paper. That NaNo icon will mock me until tomorrow, I'm not changing the numbers until I've got a real reason to. I'm participating in a writing challenge group this weekend - it started at 6pm and ends at High Noon on Sunday. It's called, go figure, the High Noon Challenge.

    Did get a lot of housecleaning done today - and discovered the hot tub has stopped being hot. Oy. Sean has a phone number of a guy that he plays golf with that does hot tub repairs, so he's got til Sunday night to find it or my fingers will be doing the walking. Have to have the tub functional when R is coming!

    Time to go find out why the 70's Show is doing their impersonation of Grease "You're the One That I Want". Good stuff!

    ---------------------------------------------

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Eva Gale said...

    Housecleaning!!

    ::she runs screaching from the room::

    Get that tub fixed, take a dip and I bet your plot problems will be all better. I know that would work for me. ;)

    12/11/05 10:54 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home