Bad things come to those who lurk
I remember back this past summer reading about a reporter who, after she found out her full time babysitter blogged - about her - fired the sitter. She couldn't handle what she was reading about herself and her family. (You can read about it here, if you sit thru the ad's.)
How wierd, I thought. I'm glad I'm so boring that my babysitter would never blog about me.
Ahem.
My babysitter uses my pc while she's here. At my invitation - she's a college student, and often has homework to do after the kids are in bed. A few months ago I hit the back button after she left, intending to revisit a site I had been to earlier in the evening, and was taken to her blog.
That Pandora's box, once opened, can not be shut. What parent would be able to resist this look into a publicly posted version of someones life - a someone who you are entrusting your children to? Maybe some can - but not I. So every now and then I pop into her blog to see what she is sharing with the world.
Usually it's college girl stuff. And, after having been a college girl, I can say that it's pretty harmless college girl stuff at that. But last night's entry had :
I don't even know how to process this.
A) She's a flake
B) omg she's a flake and she thinks my house is haunted and she's going to quit and I'm not going to have a (flaky) babysitter anymore.
C) My house is haunted?? And she's going to quit and I'm not going to have a babysitter anymore.
Arghhhh!
How wierd, I thought. I'm glad I'm so boring that my babysitter would never blog about me.
Ahem.
My babysitter uses my pc while she's here. At my invitation - she's a college student, and often has homework to do after the kids are in bed. A few months ago I hit the back button after she left, intending to revisit a site I had been to earlier in the evening, and was taken to her blog.
That Pandora's box, once opened, can not be shut. What parent would be able to resist this look into a publicly posted version of someones life - a someone who you are entrusting your children to? Maybe some can - but not I. So every now and then I pop into her blog to see what she is sharing with the world.
Usually it's college girl stuff. And, after having been a college girl, I can say that it's pretty harmless college girl stuff at that. But last night's entry had :
Right now I'm babysitting in the haunted house and I'm counting the number of scary noises and the number of whispering voices on the baby monitor. And the number of minutes until I get to leave. True story. Weeeeeeee!
I don't even know how to process this.
A) She's a flake
B) omg she's a flake and she thinks my house is haunted and she's going to quit and I'm not going to have a (flaky) babysitter anymore.
C) My house is haunted?? And she's going to quit and I'm not going to have a babysitter anymore.
Arghhhh!
---------------------------------------------


1 Comments:
great blog! i love nora roberts, jon stewart, and know how hard babysitters are to find. and if your house is haunted, well, at least it's a guest you don't have to pick up after.
Post a Comment
<< Home