One more day... one more day...
Only one more day until the kids are back in school. Twenty four hours from now I'll be enjoying 4 hours without "Mom, can you get me some milk?" "Mom, can you cover me up?" "Mom, read me a story."
I spent a lot of the last 18 days reminding myself that they aren't young long. The 11 year old is so self sufficient, if it weren't for his laundry there are days I could forget he lives here. The three year old is... three. Needy. Sometimes clingly. Occasionally whiney, although that has gotten a lot better over the last two months. But mostly she just wants to know that her mom is there all the time.
So today we're going to do some fun things (walk to the park, paint with her Christmas art kit, make a bead project - another Christmas present) and I'm going to enjoy having a three year old at home. And tomorrow, I'll enjoy having a three year old that goes to school 4 hours a day. The best of both worlds.
I spent a lot of the last 18 days reminding myself that they aren't young long. The 11 year old is so self sufficient, if it weren't for his laundry there are days I could forget he lives here. The three year old is... three. Needy. Sometimes clingly. Occasionally whiney, although that has gotten a lot better over the last two months. But mostly she just wants to know that her mom is there all the time.
So today we're going to do some fun things (walk to the park, paint with her Christmas art kit, make a bead project - another Christmas present) and I'm going to enjoy having a three year old at home. And tomorrow, I'll enjoy having a three year old that goes to school 4 hours a day. The best of both worlds.
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home