Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Funky symbols
7 things
Flickr Performancing
Performancing for Firefox - All the cool kids are ...
Sweeps wins in 2005
One more day... one more day...
Interview with Trace Edward Zaber
Live from the Gator Bowl
Holidays are over
5 things I don't get.

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Thursday, January 05, 2006

    Jon Stewart hosting the Oscars this year

    I'm not a fan of awards shows - I'm usually content to read about who won in the headlines the next day. This year will probably be the first year I've actually sat down to watch one in ... ever.
    I won't be watching because I really care much who wins which award. On March 5th, I'll be watching the Oscars to see Jon Stewart.

    If you've never seen his "fake" news show on Comedy Central, you're missing something. He covers more real news in 30 minutes on "The Daily Show" than the Network or Cable channels do in hours (or during the full day). If a politician tells a lie, he'll call him on it. If the politician is brave enough to come on his show, he'll do it to his face.

    Classic Stewartism :
    "If you're keeping score at home, so far our war in Iraq has created a police state in that country and socialism in Spain. So, no democracies yet, but we're really getting close." --Jon Stewart
    I'm excited about an awards show. The sky must be falling.

    ---------------------------------------------

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home