Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Just in time for the holidays....
Holiday bugs
Google Calendar?
Monday humor
Computer fun
Christmas Calvin
Almost Christmas break
Ways I annoyed my family today
I want this!
Messy day

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Saturday, December 24, 2005

    Christmas Eve yummies

    (Later - 3:17 pm)
    Cookies are done, pie is done, and what the heck - I made an apple crisp to take tonight too, just because I was having so much fun.
    Now it's 3pm and I need to get the house clean, 2 kids bathed, and myself all prettied up by 7:30. Oh and cook hubby dinner, since he's not a fan of oyster stew - I think this is the one meal out of the year his parents say tough it out kid, and don't pander to his limited palate.
    Between spending 3 hours on my feet in the kitchen and taking a mile walk with the dog this morning - he's a leash puller, now my arms are aching - I decided I needed a bit of a soother. So I cracked that bottle of bubbly open a bit early.
    Ahhhhh. Merry Christmas Eve!

    11:52am -
    Christmas Eve is a day of baking for me. I put off baking cookies til the last minute, as I've learned from painful experience that the longer they're in the house, the more I will eat. So bake today, eat today, give the rest away tomorrow. Yay! No more temptation. (I do have a small goodie bag from Mom - she mails me some of her yummies with the Christmas present box, so I've not totally deprived myself or my kids from sweets.)

    And pies. My father in law makes a delicious oyster stew for dinner on Christmas Eve, and I bake pecan pie.

    Then there's Christmas morning brunch, here at my house. Muffins and banana bread and biscuits with ham and sausage, oh my. (And bagels with lox and cream cheese and fruit platters and eggs and mimosas and juice and ...)

    On Christmas night it's back to the inlaws, where it's my mother in laws turn to cook - usually Italian, always yummy. I'll take apple and pumpkin pie for that.

    And the cookies. Cookies all day today, all day tomorrow, with every meal and some in between. Chocolate chip and peanut butter and butter press cookies (Christmas trees and wreaths and whatever other shape appeals to the 11 year old wielding the cookie press). This year gingerbread cut outs, so the three year old gets to have fun decorating. Oatmeal raisin if there's time.

    I'll be off to Birmingham for a quick visit with my side of the family Monday - and more yummy goodness there, since both my sisters will have baked as well. I hope you're having a yummy Christmas Eve, or holiday eve wherever you are spending it, and that Santa brings you everything you deserve for 2005.

    ---------------------------------------------

    2 Comments:

    Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

    Just went on blogg search for Oyster Stew. My in laws serve it for Christmas eve. I'm a fan of it. In joy your holidays.

    25/12/05 1:39 PM  
    Blogger Angela's Designs said...

    Merry Christmas! My house smells like pumpkin pie. Yummy.

    25/12/05 6:49 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home