Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Nokia 770 internet tablet
I've got a case of the Thursdays
Did I loose?
Yay!  I've been waiting for this one.   And if I d...
I just visited Dublin.
Chat tonight with Ellora's Cave authors!
Five Guilty Pleasures
TBR
A week full of ... what?
My first finalist! And Happy Valentines Day to you!

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Sunday, March 05, 2006

    Puck time at Hockey


    Puck time at Hockey
    Originally uploaded by ksteele2.

    Last night was probably our final hockey night for this season. The local hockey team (http://www.jaxcudas.com/) isn't doing great, so their season will not include post-season play. So we went down to the arena last night for one final bit of hockey-fun for the year.

    Sean took the kids on the ice again after the second period to do the puck-toss-cleanup. This was Samantha's first time on ice, and she loved it.

    After they got back to their seats, a man approached us and asked Montgomery (who had his nose buried in a book) if he'd like to come down and play youth hockey with his team. My son is a big kid - tall, and broad. He's passed one aunt in height, and is only a few years from catching the rest of them. Since most of the men on my dads side are tall, big men it would not suprise me to see him hit 6'3 or 6'4. Anyway, he looks like he'd be an athletic kid, so it didn't suprise me that this man came up to him and tried to recruit him.

    Montgomery's response was classic. A very long pause while he visibly drug his eyes away from the page in front of him, a look of incredulous dis-belief, and a muttered "no".

    Samantha perked right up. "I'd like to play hockey!"

    The man nicely told me that when she's 4 she'd be welcome. They give the kids one-on-one ice instruction, and the little kids have a lot of fun. No tripping or pushing allowed, etc.

    Hockey coach man made one more pitch at Montgomery, which was ignored by the bookworm, before heading back to his seat. Poor guy. He came for the big guy, and got the 30 pound girly girl.

    ---------------------------------------------

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Deborah said...

    Oh Karen, your kids are classic.
    Classic what, I'm not sure. But they're classic.

    And I think Samantha would only play if she got to use a pink stick. I think I'd have to call her the Hockey Fashionista.
    :)

    5/3/06 11:11 AM  
    Blogger Lynn said...

    Too funny. I take it your son's not much for sports.

    6/3/06 11:00 AM  
    Blogger Jodie said...

    Kids. So cute!!

    6/3/06 10:20 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home