Almost Easter
It's almost Easter - just a few days away. I spent the morning trying to decide what the kiddies were going to find in their baskets this morning. What happened to the days when you threw in some jelly beans and a chocolate bunny, a few peeps, some malted eggs, a Reeses peanut butter egg or three, and called it a day?
Oh no. Not anymore. Now, even Easter has to be healthy. But not too healthy. Because lets face it, an easter basket with no candy at all isn't much of a basket when you're 11. Or 3.
It took me almost an hour, but I finally found just the right balance of candy treats and non-candy treats to say "Happy Easter". And hopefully, it also says "I love you so much I wanted you to have a few sweet treats because I know you love them, but don't smuggle them into your bedroom when I'm not looking and eat them all after bedtime." And definately, I hope it says "brush your teeth after you eat them". A movie each, sunglasses, Barbie hair sets and Yu-Gi-Oh cards for the appropriate munchkin. One small chocolate bunny each, one Reeses egg each, and one handful of loose candy each.
We'll color eggs on Saturday (which the Easter Bunny will ignore in favor of hiding penny stuffed plastic ones, since he evidently comes so early in the night he worries that the eggs would go bad). And we'll have dinner at the in-laws Sunday night, not without the usual serving of family strife and drama (this year, it was my husbands lack of intrest in family dinners that instigated the angst - go figure!). And on Monday we all get a day to recover - no school for the kids, and I've cleared my calendar of work as well. Happy Easter to us!
So what kind of goodies will be in your baskets this year?
Oh no. Not anymore. Now, even Easter has to be healthy. But not too healthy. Because lets face it, an easter basket with no candy at all isn't much of a basket when you're 11. Or 3.
It took me almost an hour, but I finally found just the right balance of candy treats and non-candy treats to say "Happy Easter". And hopefully, it also says "I love you so much I wanted you to have a few sweet treats because I know you love them, but don't smuggle them into your bedroom when I'm not looking and eat them all after bedtime." And definately, I hope it says "brush your teeth after you eat them". A movie each, sunglasses, Barbie hair sets and Yu-Gi-Oh cards for the appropriate munchkin. One small chocolate bunny each, one Reeses egg each, and one handful of loose candy each.
We'll color eggs on Saturday (which the Easter Bunny will ignore in favor of hiding penny stuffed plastic ones, since he evidently comes so early in the night he worries that the eggs would go bad). And we'll have dinner at the in-laws Sunday night, not without the usual serving of family strife and drama (this year, it was my husbands lack of intrest in family dinners that instigated the angst - go figure!). And on Monday we all get a day to recover - no school for the kids, and I've cleared my calendar of work as well. Happy Easter to us!
So what kind of goodies will be in your baskets this year?
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home