Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Books, bugs, birthdays - Today's post is brought ...
I hope you dance
Weekend wrapup
Mosquito magnet killer to General Manager
Fun with Slideshows
Busy, sleepy Mondays
Weekend to-do
Tagged I am
What does this picture say to you?
Friday's are for relaxing

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Tuesday, May 16, 2006

    28 hours and counting

    Yikes, half of May has slid away. That's ok - the best part is still to come :)

    The kids have 7 more days of school before vacation starts. That's 28 more hours of childlessness (Samantha only goes from 9-1). Not that I'm counting.

    Sis will be here for a visit in 10 days! Phantom of the Opera is in 12 days! Son turns 12 in 14 days! Nope, not counting.

    Mother's Day was a lot of fun - Sean was able to be home in time for dinner, and we had his Mom and Dad, and his sis, BIL, and their daughter over for a late dinner. Three moms in the house, and guess who had their feet up watching golf while dinner was cooked? Men! Not complaining though - I know what to expect from the men in this house, so I planned an easy menu. Was a great night. And did I mention Sean was able to be home in time for dinner? Made my day. Samantha gave me a bead bracelet she made in preschool; Montgomery managed to forget it was Mother's Day, even though I told him all day that we were having people over for dinner. That's my son!

    The new cord to the mosquito magnet finally came yesterday, so we're slowly sucking all the nasty little swarmy bugs from the neighborhood into the pit of doom once again. Sooooo nice to be able to leave the back door open, especially with the weather dipping into the 60's today!

    Jim and Ali kept Samantha last night. No special reason; she just called me yesterday and said "Would you like me to keep her?" I was unnaturally happy to have this happen. Sean took Montgomery to school this am too, so I was able to go back to bed at 6:30 and sleep until 8:30 for the first time in ... ages. This would have been a great thing, except my sleep was haunted by a 2 hour dream in which I kept trying to tell Sean he had to get Montgomery to school, and he insisted it was more important that he teach our 11 year old son how to shave. Think I'm having issues with my son almost being a teenager? Nah....

    Close to wrapping up Warrior's Mate. Ignore the word count in the sidebar... I haven't had time to update it in a week. Hope to have this one done before sis gets here. Ten days, and (not) counting!

    ---------------------------------------------

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    Phantom is great - gets better every time you see it! Glad to hear you're doing you share of bug catching - I hate those darn things!

    19/5/06 7:17 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home