Weekend wrapup
It's closing on nine pm on Sunday night, the end to another weekend.
I think the weekends have become the adult version of summer. Remember that feeling when the bell rang signaling the beginning of summer? And it would stretch ahead of you , full of promises of lazy days, late nights, no responsibility and endless days and nights to do all you dreamed of doing? Then in a blink of an eye it was August, and school was calling you back.
So the weekend is gone. Lot's of yays, a few ughs.
The worst ugh was looking out back today and seeing the termites swarming - in May!! Termites here usually swarm in late Feb or early March. I spent almost 20 minutes in the yard trying to track them to the swarm point, and finally lost the trail at our NW property line. They may be coming from the backside of our shed (not a great loss - the previous owners built it as a gardening shed, but it's always been one strong wind shy of collapse); I think they're more likely coming from one of the houses west of us. Or even from a dead stump in their backyard.
On the yay! side, I'm happy with what I wrote this weekend. Fell short of 1000 words a day, but I'm sitting at 2700 and know exactly where it's going. Still on track for hitting 15,0000 words by midmonth. That's as much as I can ask for.
Also yay! the tickets came to Phantom of the Opera. Front row. With sis. End of the month. I can't wait. It will be my second live performance, and her (5th? help me out here) - well, more than second. But the music, the costumes, the sets, the story... I can't wait to see it again.
I had more to write about tonight, but the kid's cold finally caught up with me and it's kicking my butt. Going to pop a few cold pills and snuggle up with the honey to watch Soprano's...
Hope your weekend had more yay's than boo's!
I think the weekends have become the adult version of summer. Remember that feeling when the bell rang signaling the beginning of summer? And it would stretch ahead of you , full of promises of lazy days, late nights, no responsibility and endless days and nights to do all you dreamed of doing? Then in a blink of an eye it was August, and school was calling you back.
So the weekend is gone. Lot's of yays, a few ughs.
The worst ugh was looking out back today and seeing the termites swarming - in May!! Termites here usually swarm in late Feb or early March. I spent almost 20 minutes in the yard trying to track them to the swarm point, and finally lost the trail at our NW property line. They may be coming from the backside of our shed (not a great loss - the previous owners built it as a gardening shed, but it's always been one strong wind shy of collapse); I think they're more likely coming from one of the houses west of us. Or even from a dead stump in their backyard.
On the yay! side, I'm happy with what I wrote this weekend. Fell short of 1000 words a day, but I'm sitting at 2700 and know exactly where it's going. Still on track for hitting 15,0000 words by midmonth. That's as much as I can ask for.
Also yay! the tickets came to Phantom of the Opera. Front row. With sis. End of the month. I can't wait. It will be my second live performance, and her (5th? help me out here) - well, more than second. But the music, the costumes, the sets, the story... I can't wait to see it again.
I had more to write about tonight, but the kid's cold finally caught up with me and it's kicking my butt. Going to pop a few cold pills and snuggle up with the honey to watch Soprano's...
Hope your weekend had more yay's than boo's!
---------------------------------------------


7 Comments:
Great analogy with the weekend and summer vacations. Doesn't make 10PM on a Sunday night feel any better though...
Great job on the writing. I need to follow your example :-). Hope you feel better soon!
That is so true about the weekends and summer. It's that carefree feeling. But ugh on the termites. Our problem is ants.
Gotta agree on your weekends are an adults summer vacation - unless you're a teacher of course...hehe The writing seems to be going well - keep it up! And enjoy Phantom - love that one myself.
This is only my 4th...but it's good each time, and I'll never get tired of the music or the story. And it's my first time seeing it with you, so that counts for a 1st !
Can't wait to see what you've been writing! My weekend was fun, but not as productive. Pics are up on Flickr.
And make sure those termites stay far away from your books this time!
I'm jealous! Seeing Phantom! I saw it once in Hollywood, whatever that theater is.
Sorry, about the termites! That must suck!
Congrats on getting a ton of writing done, that's impressive!
Actually mine was full of shopping. Taking mom to buy her new car. Going to the mall and buy mom's present for Mother's Day. So I did zero writing.
I'm on a stationary bike with my writing - have to wait for the editor to start something new...so my weekend was...frustrating. But the frustration did bring out 2 shorts, and a new project to teach my 4-y-o to draw. Yeah, I don't do bored. I wish I did.
Post a Comment
<< Home