Busy, sleepy Mondays

That was Samantha on Saturday afternoon. That's pretty much how I feel today, except there's no nap in my schedule for today.
It was a great weekend, just a very long one. Friday night my sister-in-law had her premier art show at Shelby's, a coffee shop in Neptune Beach. I don't know enough about art to classify what she paints (modern maybe?) - maybe someone else can title it for me.

We had a great time, and since it wasn't in a formal gallery we took the kids and let them dance and play out in the courtyard. Which means they had a great time, and they were nice and tired by the time we left. There was a wonderful band out there, and the weather was gorgous. A nice night for sitting outside and having a drink, which I also did while the kids were doing their dancing thing.

Saturday Samantha was up by 6. It was yard work day, but I convinced myself it was going to rain and skimped over all but the major stuff - blowing off the patio with my new leaf blower (vroom vroom) and cleaning the pool. Let Samantha swim for a bit, then took the kids out for a movie and dinner, since it was going to rain so they couldn't play outside. Except it never did rain... ah well. By six I was curled up with a good book. It was too good really - I ended up picking up the sequal (ebooks baby - no need to run to the store to grab the next in a series, just log on and download it!) and reading it as well. Turned my early night into a very, very late one.
Sunday I was wiped out from my late night and Samantha's usual pre-6am wakeup. Tried to get some writing done in the morning, but Samantha was in no mood to give me peace. "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. MOMMY!" So we baked bannana bread and cleaned house, while I tried to convince her that 71 degrees and no sun is too cool to swim in. She never did believe me, but I finally distracted her with Cinderella. For a bit, anyway.
The weekend slipped by, and now we're back at Monday. Sean is headed home from his long weekend even as I write this, ready to hand me 340 score cards to be entered online. That should keep my busy... Later this week we have to start laying out our next project - writing the media guide for the Jacksonville Bobcats. I wonder if that counts for a writing credential?
---------------------------------------------


3 Comments:
Ahhh! What a sweet little girl. That's a great picture, Karen. I say, save that in a special place to look at and remember when.
Have no idea about the picture. Though I do like the colors.
I like your sister-in-laws painting. I love colors, and patterns, and enjoy creating and looking at artwork like that. :)
Aw kids are so sweet and innocent when they sleep lol
Post a Comment
<< Home