Sleep
As usual, Samantha was up at 6:30 this morning, ready to party. I stumbled out to the living room and snuggled into the chair, hoping to get another 30 minutes of dozing time in while she "Swiper no swiping!"'d with Dora the Explorer. Just about the time I was getting up to start the coffee, Sean came out.
"What's wrong?" I asked him. It was barely 7. It's football Sunday, the only reasons for him to be up this early would be if he were sick or...
"Bad Taco Bell at midnight." He *did* look a bit green. I buried my snicker in my water bottle. "Eww."
We sat for a minute while I tried to work up sympathy for someone that eats Taco Bell at midnight, but that really wasn't working for me. So I forged ahead...
"So, do you think you'll be up a bit then?" Innocence, that was me. Probably to innocent.
"Why?" He didn't look to eager to be trimming the bushes out front or pulling the Halloween decorations out of the attic, two jobs I've got set aside for him.
"I was going to go back to bed for a bit if you're going to be up anyway." He must have been relieved that all I wanted him to do was sit on the couch for a while and watch Samantha.
"OK." I thought about kissing him but the thought of Taco Bell breath kept me away. Instead I left the room as quickly as possible, worried he might suddenly feel better and head back to bed himself.
"What's wrong?" I asked him. It was barely 7. It's football Sunday, the only reasons for him to be up this early would be if he were sick or...
"Bad Taco Bell at midnight." He *did* look a bit green. I buried my snicker in my water bottle. "Eww."
We sat for a minute while I tried to work up sympathy for someone that eats Taco Bell at midnight, but that really wasn't working for me. So I forged ahead...
"So, do you think you'll be up a bit then?" Innocence, that was me. Probably to innocent.
"Why?" He didn't look to eager to be trimming the bushes out front or pulling the Halloween decorations out of the attic, two jobs I've got set aside for him.
"I was going to go back to bed for a bit if you're going to be up anyway." He must have been relieved that all I wanted him to do was sit on the couch for a while and watch Samantha.
"OK." I thought about kissing him but the thought of Taco Bell breath kept me away. Instead I left the room as quickly as possible, worried he might suddenly feel better and head back to bed himself.
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home