Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Healthy food
Positive start to today
/yawn
Scary and happy
Montgomery and Laura
Samantha and her pumpkin
Meirs and musings
Back to "normal"
Today
Sick Samantha

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Friday, November 04, 2005

    Bourbon

    Last night was trivia night. On Thursdays Sean and I host a trivia show at Bob Marlins. It's a fun way for us to get out one night a week, have our drinks paid for, make a (very small) bit of money and hang out with some friends. Usually it's a lot of fun, even with the bad music Sean picks to play. ( Dexy's Midnight Runners anyone?)

    Last night I had one of those lurking headaches. The kind that is just a dull preasure in the back of my head, not enough to keep me home or anything but the thought of drinking beer on top of that was not so pleasant.

    Maybe the smart thing to do would have been to drink soda, but the fact is - Bob Marlin's soda tastes flat. The only way to make it taste good is to put bourbon in it. So that's what I did. Something like 7 times. I stopped counting after the 4th, but that was only halfway thru the show, so I'm sure there were at least 2 or 3 more.

    Well, it was a fun night. Yay! It was not such a fun morning. I've been up since 5:30. Don't think I'll want any bourbon again for a while.

    My sister has told me " your brain sounds a little addled". Going to go find some coffee and try to fix that problem.

    ---------------------------------------------

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home