Sick Samantha
Took Samantha grocery shopping yesterday around lunch time. As we were leaving the store, she dropped half her free deli cookie, and started fussing. I explained that dropped cookies = germ cookies, and there was no more cookie for today. She fussed a bit, then let it go - but her cheeks were very flushed, and her eyes more red than that brief spurt of fussiness should have caused.
Then we're driving home, and she tells me she's got a tickle in her throat. It's ok I tell her, probably from the cookie - we're almost home, we'll get some water.
Unfortunately, the water didn't get rid of the tickle. She coughed off and on the rest of the day, then woke up feverish and snotty around 11pm.
Poor baby. She seems to catch every cold germ she comes into contact with. There were about 30 kids running around Cici's Pizza Saturday at the party, and she was playing in the game room (not actually playing, but pretending she was playing - she's 3, she's still a cheap date). I'm just hoping it's only a cold bug, not a more serious something. Kept her home from school today, and she's spent all day either on the couch or on my lap "snuggling".
I'm pumping vitamins into Sean and Montgomery and cleaning like crazy. Trying to nip this little germ before it can put us through another 4 week cycyle of icks, like we went thru in August.
Then we're driving home, and she tells me she's got a tickle in her throat. It's ok I tell her, probably from the cookie - we're almost home, we'll get some water.
Unfortunately, the water didn't get rid of the tickle. She coughed off and on the rest of the day, then woke up feverish and snotty around 11pm.
Poor baby. She seems to catch every cold germ she comes into contact with. There were about 30 kids running around Cici's Pizza Saturday at the party, and she was playing in the game room (not actually playing, but pretending she was playing - she's 3, she's still a cheap date). I'm just hoping it's only a cold bug, not a more serious something. Kept her home from school today, and she's spent all day either on the couch or on my lap "snuggling".
I'm pumping vitamins into Sean and Montgomery and cleaning like crazy. Trying to nip this little germ before it can put us through another 4 week cycyle of icks, like we went thru in August.
---------------------------------------------


3 Comments:
Ugh, play place germs!
We stopped going because the casualty count got too high. Now I even wipe down the cart handles every time I walk in the grocery stroe doors and when we get hiome it's mandatory hand washing.
Poor Girl. Poor Mommy too! I hope she's feeling better.
Taco Bell at midnight? Ewwww...
Man what kind of meat is that, anyway?
Hope she feels better soon. :)
There's this drink mix called Emergen-C and it does WONDERS for people who are about to get sick. I drink it everyday if I start feeling like I'm coming down with something. On top of that, it has a lot of good vitamin C.
Hope it's nothing but a little tickle!
Post a Comment
<< Home