Today
12:05 am - change Samantha's pukey sheets for fresh ones, while Sean takes her to clean her up
12:20 back to sleep
12:25 Hear Samantha gagging over the intercom. Catch her in time to prevent the need to change sheets / clothes again, and move her to my bed
12:40 back to sleep
1:30 - 5:30 Sleep/wake/sleep/wake/sleep/wake. Is the fever getting to high? Will Sean please stop snoring so I can get back to sleep? Did we use that whole box of tissues already?
5:45 change our sheets / Samantha's clothes
6:10 tell Sean I need to leave Samantha home with him while I take Montgomery to school. Why??? he asks. Because if she throws up in the car 5 minutes into a 90 minute round trip she's going to be sitting in it for a very long time. Geesh.
6:35 get Montgomery out the door a few minutes early. yay! As we're getting in the car notice he doesn't have his school id. Five minutes later, locate school id in Sean's car.
6:41 pull out of driveway one minute late
8:10 back from taking Montgomery to school. Samantha is settled on the couch with Barney.
9:20 Samantha falls asleep on couch - I can get in a bit of work time. As soon as I catch up the laundry. Where did all these sheets come from? Oh, yeah...
9:45 Laundry all moved along, beds all fresh, Samantha wakes up from her mini nap. "Can I go to school mom? I feel better." Ummm.. no. You threw up today. "But I don't need to throw up anymore."
9:46 Give Samantha Benadryl - hey, she's still got a cough. It's medicinal use only!
10:10 Samantha falls asleep on my lap.
10:15 I manage to get Samantha off my lap while still sleeping. Move the laundry loads around again, then finally start working
11:30 Samantha awake from nap, wants to snuggle. Settle into chair with laptop on the table and fussy 3 year old in lap. Going to be a long afternoon.
11:31 Mother in law calls, offers to get Montgomery from school. Ok!
11:31-1 Spend a relatively peaceful time reading news and message boards online. Find some time to send a few emails. Wish Barney cd would spontaneously combust so we can watch Dora instead.
1:00 Sean home from his morning meetings. Take 10 minutes to return emails while he and Samantha cuddles. Sean decides he needs a nap, since he didn't get much sleep last night.
1:10 back to the chair with my laptop and Samantha. We've moved on to Bear in the Big Blue House. Whew.
2:15 go to wake Sean up, as asked, so he can make phone calls. Am told he didn't need to make any phone calls, and to go away.
2:30 exterminator calls, he's swinging by to check on some noises Sean heard in the attic that sounded like "the pitter patter of feet". This of course was while I was taking Montgomery to school today.
2:45 exterminator says there are no signs of any life in our attic. Possibilities include sleep-deprived delusions, limbs blowing across the roof, a very short stay by a remarkably poop-free cold squirrel.
3:00 I eye my empty wine rack with despair. It's going to be a long night. Sit down at the pc while waiting for mother in law to bring the son home.
3:10 Hear a car in the driveway...
12:20 back to sleep
12:25 Hear Samantha gagging over the intercom. Catch her in time to prevent the need to change sheets / clothes again, and move her to my bed
12:40 back to sleep
1:30 - 5:30 Sleep/wake/sleep/wake/sleep/wake. Is the fever getting to high? Will Sean please stop snoring so I can get back to sleep? Did we use that whole box of tissues already?
5:45 change our sheets / Samantha's clothes
6:10 tell Sean I need to leave Samantha home with him while I take Montgomery to school. Why??? he asks. Because if she throws up in the car 5 minutes into a 90 minute round trip she's going to be sitting in it for a very long time. Geesh.
6:35 get Montgomery out the door a few minutes early. yay! As we're getting in the car notice he doesn't have his school id. Five minutes later, locate school id in Sean's car.
6:41 pull out of driveway one minute late
8:10 back from taking Montgomery to school. Samantha is settled on the couch with Barney.
9:20 Samantha falls asleep on couch - I can get in a bit of work time. As soon as I catch up the laundry. Where did all these sheets come from? Oh, yeah...
9:45 Laundry all moved along, beds all fresh, Samantha wakes up from her mini nap. "Can I go to school mom? I feel better." Ummm.. no. You threw up today. "But I don't need to throw up anymore."
9:46 Give Samantha Benadryl - hey, she's still got a cough. It's medicinal use only!
10:10 Samantha falls asleep on my lap.
10:15 I manage to get Samantha off my lap while still sleeping. Move the laundry loads around again, then finally start working
11:30 Samantha awake from nap, wants to snuggle. Settle into chair with laptop on the table and fussy 3 year old in lap. Going to be a long afternoon.
11:31 Mother in law calls, offers to get Montgomery from school. Ok!
11:31-1 Spend a relatively peaceful time reading news and message boards online. Find some time to send a few emails. Wish Barney cd would spontaneously combust so we can watch Dora instead.
1:00 Sean home from his morning meetings. Take 10 minutes to return emails while he and Samantha cuddles. Sean decides he needs a nap, since he didn't get much sleep last night.
1:10 back to the chair with my laptop and Samantha. We've moved on to Bear in the Big Blue House. Whew.
2:15 go to wake Sean up, as asked, so he can make phone calls. Am told he didn't need to make any phone calls, and to go away.
2:30 exterminator calls, he's swinging by to check on some noises Sean heard in the attic that sounded like "the pitter patter of feet". This of course was while I was taking Montgomery to school today.
2:45 exterminator says there are no signs of any life in our attic. Possibilities include sleep-deprived delusions, limbs blowing across the roof, a very short stay by a remarkably poop-free cold squirrel.
3:00 I eye my empty wine rack with despair. It's going to be a long night. Sit down at the pc while waiting for mother in law to bring the son home.
3:10 Hear a car in the driveway...
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home