Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Scary and happy
Montgomery and Laura
Samantha and her pumpkin
Meirs and musings
Back to "normal"
Today
Sick Samantha
Sleep
Booksales
What I should be doing today

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Tuesday, November 01, 2005

    /yawn

    That's a big happy yawn. Good day.
    I'm one of the crazies that's trying to write 50,000 words in a month. Technically it's called National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo (gotta have a catchy name for it you know). I think of it as a 50,000 word goal, since the end result - if I do get thru 50,000 words - will probably not be a complete novel, or a complete anything of value to anyone who doesn't love me tremendously. But I consider it the armchair version of running a marathon. You don't do it because you expect to finish first (write the best book), but because it's a pretty damn challanging goal and you just want to prove you can reach it. Or at least try your best.

    And so. Today I hit 2213 words. I had a whole paragraph all typed in that I just deleted with the math of this project... I swallowed my inner geek and I'll just say I'm happy, not thrilled with that number. There's a whole bunch of days at the end of the month I won't be writing at all - that thing called Thanksgiving will have me a bit busy. But it's a happy start.

    I have also found my chocolate tolerance level I think. Note to self : don't sit the bag of chocolate caramel kisses by the pc while writing. First clue it was a bad idea was when my chair made crinkly noises while it rolled over the little wrappers. Second clue was a really quesey feeling in my stomache as I saw the mound of chocolate that is still all over my kitchen counter. Damn neighbors, why couldn't they all give out tootsie rolls? I hate tootsie rolls. And no, tootsie rolls are NOT chocolate. They are the soy of candy, fake, fake, fake. They are to chocolate what non dairy creamer is to half and half. Just ... ewww.

    So I'm taking my quesey self and getting some sleep. Tomorrow my willpower and I are having a long talk, and I'm introducing carrot sticks into the conversation. Or at the very least, cheese and crackers.

    ---------------------------------------------

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Angela's Designs said...

    Good first day.

    I want to focus on NaNo, but I am worried I'll end up starting well but won't really be able to finish. OT with my new job will start in a few weeks. I'd have to work extra hard now! LOL.

    2/11/05 12:13 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home