Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte

These are the best coffee drink I ever had. Ever.
I had my first one at 3:30 yesterday. By 5 I was drooling thinking of another.
We left dinner at Outback at 6:15, and I had to drive right past Starbucks to pull out of the parking lot. I had to talk myself out of pulling in and buying one. Espresso at 6:15 at night is just not a good idea.
So I held out until 7:30 this morning, then decided Samantha wanted to go to the park. And on the way we could swing by Starbucks and pick up a muffin - oh, and maybe a cup of coffee.
Drool. These are awesome.
I already want another.
I want to know what they're putting in these things, because I'm evidently not the only person having this reaction.
"In the four-week period ended Oct. 31, the company's comparable-store sales grew by 11% over the same period last year -- thanks, in part, to the pumpkin drink."
I've found a recipe to make these at home - at $4.19 a pop, these things can put a serious dent in my pocket book. I'll give it a try later today, have to buy some pumpkin.
Ingredients :
3 heaping T. canned pumpkin
2 T. Vanilla syrup
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 cup milk
1-2 shots espresso
Recipe
In a small saucepan, stir pumpkin puree into milk. Add vanilla syrup and pumpkin pie spice. Heat gently, continuing to stirring occasionally just until steaming and foam begins to appear.
Pour pumpking flavored milk into a tall mug and pour espresso over.
Top with whip cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
Serves 1.
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home