Twas the second day of birthweek
My husband celebrates his birthweek. He is, of course, the center of the universe, so for the week of his birth all life must pause and give thanks that he was born to man.
So yeah. It doesn't work out that way for anyone else he knows, even the people he lives with. Quite often on my birthday - the 11th - he's been known to disappear to play golf, to take a nap, to even be sick. (He's known for being sick thru all of December actually; he just isn't a December person.)
I love the man, and birthday's to me are pretty much another day. I usually get a dinner out and sometimes a party even going, but I can't really think out any spectacularly exceptional ones. To me they've been a success if I've survived to see them - hey look, I'm still alive! But I've also learned to combat his anti-celebration by telling him exactly what I expect from him.
This year, it was a new cell phone. We cancelled my old one about three years ago - we had one car, and his job takes him out on the road daily, so I rarely left the house. This changed with us becoming a two car family again this year (/worship German technology) and with it - I have returned to the world of mobile connectivity.
Funny part of it was standing at the sales counter discussing what plan I wanted. He was going for straight minutes, I was going for minutes and text messaging. Why would you need that? He asks. No one texts.
Honey, everyone BUT you texts. Well, you and my mother I'm guessing. (Hi Mom!) But yeah....
We're going to give it a month and see. My texts will cost .05 each thru December. I'm guessing that I won't use all the minutes he wanted me to get, but will use quite a few texts. He'd rather talk, I'd rather type.
<3 my husband. Now he can go to bed and be sick til January, only crawling out to give me my Christmas present once I tell him what I want him to get me.
He's lucky we don't celbrate Haunekah, or Kwanza. He's only got the 25th to dread.
So yeah. It doesn't work out that way for anyone else he knows, even the people he lives with. Quite often on my birthday - the 11th - he's been known to disappear to play golf, to take a nap, to even be sick. (He's known for being sick thru all of December actually; he just isn't a December person.)
I love the man, and birthday's to me are pretty much another day. I usually get a dinner out and sometimes a party even going, but I can't really think out any spectacularly exceptional ones. To me they've been a success if I've survived to see them - hey look, I'm still alive! But I've also learned to combat his anti-celebration by telling him exactly what I expect from him.
This year, it was a new cell phone. We cancelled my old one about three years ago - we had one car, and his job takes him out on the road daily, so I rarely left the house. This changed with us becoming a two car family again this year (/worship German technology) and with it - I have returned to the world of mobile connectivity.
Funny part of it was standing at the sales counter discussing what plan I wanted. He was going for straight minutes, I was going for minutes and text messaging. Why would you need that? He asks. No one texts.
Honey, everyone BUT you texts. Well, you and my mother I'm guessing. (Hi Mom!) But yeah....
We're going to give it a month and see. My texts will cost .05 each thru December. I'm guessing that I won't use all the minutes he wanted me to get, but will use quite a few texts. He'd rather talk, I'd rather type.
<3 my husband. Now he can go to bed and be sick til January, only crawling out to give me my Christmas present once I tell him what I want him to get me.
He's lucky we don't celbrate Haunekah, or Kwanza. He's only got the 25th to dread.
---------------------------------------------


3 Comments:
Men.....LOL...birthweek! LOL
I'm completely addicted to text messaging. My hubby doesn't even know how to read the ones that I send him, much less write one back, so he doesn't think that should be part of our plan either.
yay for connectivity!
Hi, daughter. You've got me pegged.
Post a Comment
<< Home