Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

My first submission
MyHeritage.com
Kids and Poptarts. Oh, and I finished a book
Generate a post
Paris Blogging
Bad things come to those who lurk
Jon Stewart hosting the Oscars this year
Funky symbols
7 things
Flickr Performancing

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Thursday, January 12, 2006

    Clueless

    I love my husband, I really do, but there are times he can be a little ... dense.

    And while we have a great relationship, I have a bad habit of not telling him the little things. I'm not a great verbal communicator. I'm much more comfortable with the written word than the spoken word.

    So, the little things. Like me finishing my first book. I write mostly when I'm alone in the house, so he really hadn't seen how much I'd been writing the last few months. And he doesn't read my journal here either (unless it's espn.com or his email, he doesn't much use the pc). Oh, and I probably haven't mentioned to him that I keep an online journal either. But anyway, here's how this conversation went :

    I say to him in my we're-having-chicken-for-dinner-again voice "Did I tell you i wrote a book?"

    And he gives me a blank look and says no, you wrote a book?

    "Yes, and I entered it in a contest." I'm still trying to be casual.

    "How long is it?" he wants to know.

    "It's a short book.... 11,000 words."

    "Oh. why didn't you write a longer book.?"

    (He's wondering about how long it is? Trying to figure out how long it will take to read it maybe?) "Because the contest had a limit of 12,000 words."

    "So why didn't you write 12,000 words?" (???)

    "Because i wrote it, and it ended up 11,021 words" I tell him.

    "Oh. Guess i'll go cook something to eat." And that was the end of that.

    Maybe I should have written him an email...

    ---------------------------------------------

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Deborah said...

    He probably thinks you should be grateful that he waited to fix something to eat until after he let you tell him about the book. He showed interest by asking questions, then moved on.
    /stupid man

    13/1/06 9:46 AM  
    Blogger Motherhood for the Weak said...

    Ahh men. Can't love 'em without wanting to kill them. :)

    M

    13/1/06 9:53 AM  
    Blogger Lynn said...

    BWAHAHAHA! That sounds like a conversation I might have with SoundGuy. Instead, once a week, I get, "Finished that book yet?"

    13/1/06 9:39 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    my hubs is the same way. I wrote a short story but did he ask me to read it, no I had to ask him if he wanted to read it and Sure was the response I got.
    Where do you enter contests with that many words??? I go to writers journal online and enter their story contests but its hard for me to write with their small word limit. lol

    16/1/06 10:16 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home