My first submission
And it is official - at 5:38 I submitted my first manuscript anywhere, ever.
Art of Desire is off to Amber Quill's Heat Wave contest.
I had the panic attack as soon as I hit send. What did I forget? Would another few days of polishing have made it any better? Should I have gotten a third opinion?
Then I stopped, poured myself a glass of red, and told myself it's just a story. And if it stinks, well, I can only get better.
Real world time, and off to cook dinner.
Art of Desire is off to Amber Quill's Heat Wave contest.
I had the panic attack as soon as I hit send. What did I forget? Would another few days of polishing have made it any better? Should I have gotten a third opinion?
Then I stopped, poured myself a glass of red, and told myself it's just a story. And if it stinks, well, I can only get better.
Real world time, and off to cook dinner.
---------------------------------------------


8 Comments:
The first submission is usually the hardest! Good job getting it out!
WOO HOO on getting that out there! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Congratulations and Good Luck. You're now a professional writer.
Yippee!!! I've got my fingers crossed for you!
Congratulations for taking that first big step! Just keep on writing and submitting, and this time next year you’ll be reminiscing about this as just the first of several manuscript submissions. ;-)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to “meet” you! :-D
Good luck!
Woo! Best of luck.
Good luck! My submission to them went yesterday. My stomach is in knots and will be til March 1st. why do we do this to ourselves? *grin*
Good luck Karen!!
Post a Comment
<< Home