Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

What age do you act?
The Logitech io Personal Digital Pen, in detail
Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery.
Opinionistas comes out of "Anon posting"
On Writing
Friday Night Hockey Fights
Clueless
My first submission
MyHeritage.com
Kids and Poptarts. Oh, and I finished a book

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Friday, January 20, 2006

    Flickr Groups

    When I started using Flickr to share my photos, I picked the site for two reasons. It free, and no one had to sign in / create a user profile just to see my pictures. Pet peeve.

    I liked it so much, I ended up paying for the Pro version, which gives me pretty close to unlimited usage.

    So I constantly find neat little things out, things that make me say "Wow, I didn't know Flickr did that."

    Today I stumbled on Flickr Groups. You can search groups to find people who share intrests, and share your love of pictures with them.

    So over my morning coffee I started typing words into the group search, just to find out if there was a group and how popular it is.
    Cats - 3017 groups that mention cats. I think Action Cats was my favorite, mostly because of this picture

    Now that's an action shot!

    There's a group for my home city, with some nice scenic pictures. Only 28 members in this one; I guess Jacksonville isn't the hotbed of Flickr activity.

    106 seperate groups for writers, including the mucho exlussive Circle of Wine Writers. It's a private group with only one member, so I'm not sure how the Circle part of that - or the group part of that - is working for them.
    Random searches :
    Coffee lovers can choose from 605 groups, tea lovers only 327.
    Democrats get 40 groups, Republicans 55
    Love turned up 4014, sex only 810.
    Pretty 880, ugly 284

    And then my coffee cup was empty, a good sign it was time to stop searching. Much like my cup being empty now means it is time to stop writing, refill the cup, and get to work .

    Happy Friday to you. Take a minute to find something new out there - it's only a search away.

    ---------------------------------------------

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    That is an awesome shot

    20/1/06 8:20 AM  
    Blogger Trista Bane said...

    I'm going to have to check Flickr out! Awesome cat fight by the way!

    20/1/06 2:12 PM  
    Blogger Angela's Designs said...

    I didn't know that Flickr had groups. Cool.

    21/1/06 1:36 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home