Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Blogger rant
All volunteer army becomes Volunteer once, in till...
Bloglines randomness
Random Acts of Kindness
Leahpeah meets customer service.
Dooce
Writertopia Meter
Dubbed by Daisy
Huh.
Coffee time

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Sunday, January 29, 2006

    Mom. Mom. Mom.

    Samantha took a 3 hour nap today. Which was a wonderful thing, while it was happening, and I got much done. But now, of course, it's two hours past bedtime and she's still wide awake.

    Mom. Mom. Mom. I hear her chanting my name over the monitor. She doesn't *need* anything. We've read, brushed, pottied, tucked, kissed, and every other delay tactic in the book. She just doesn't want to go to bed.

    Mom. Mom. Mom. She isn't crying yet, although she's starting to get that note in her voice. I went back one time, and said what do you want?

    Mom. I love you. Mom. Mom. Mom.

    It's tough to be three and have to go to bed when you aren't even tired.

    ---------------------------------------------

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Jodie said...

    Hey what a coincedence. My daughter was the same today. Although she is only two.

    30/1/06 6:37 AM  
    Blogger Silma said...

    Aw... poor little thing. Why didn't you play her a Disney movie? That would have gotten her sleepy.

    30/1/06 9:33 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    yeah kaylie slept the day away today cause she was sick so now at 10pm two hours after her bedtime she is away also.

    30/1/06 10:15 PM  
    Blogger Angela's Designs said...

    I remember that about being young too. I almost fell asleep in the car (passenger) tonight. When I used to babysit my nephew that worked for him too.

    31/1/06 2:09 AM  
    Blogger Lynn said...

    I know all about those delay tactics. When my son doesn't want to do something, he's right there with that little face of his saying, "I love you, Momma. I want to hug you."

    You want the little buggers to do what they're told, but I can never seem to resist that face and those words.

    31/1/06 3:14 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home