Dooce
As though I needed more mandatory reads on my blog roll. Today I find Dooce.
She had me at
She had me at
Chuck has never been a loyal dog as he is easily persuaded by any
stranger or potential criminal with a treat in his pocket. But this
morning as Leta practiced her now ritual 10 laps around the island in
the kitchen he followed her around as if she were pulling him on a
leash. I ran into the living room for a second to open the blinds and
when I came back into the kitchen she was standing dangerously close to
the lip of the stairs that lead down into the basement. And Chuck, dog
who only shares space with humans because we can stand upright and
reach the chicken jerky, he had moved his body so that it was blocking
her from moving another inch. I muttered a silent yet thankful ohmigod
and Chuck looked up at me like, “This kid is exhausting. YOUR TURN.”
---------------------------------------------


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home