Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Paperback Writer: Winners
3 Days to change your life
Flickr Groups
What age do you act?
The Logitech io Personal Digital Pen, in detail
Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery.
Opinionistas comes out of "Anon posting"
On Writing
Friday Night Hockey Fights
Clueless

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Saturday, January 21, 2006

    Saturday mornings

    Saturdays usually involve me spending a lot of time shoveling putting the accumulated mess of the week into various boxes, (garbage) bags, drawers, and closets. This process is called cleaning.

    Sometimes a closet has been "cleaned" so full that there is no room to put anything else into it. So I'll find a few things that need to go in the garbage, or to Goodwill, and make a bit more space to clean with.

    One of today's Goodwill finds was Samantha's Halloween costume from 2004. As soon as she saw it, she wanted to put it on.

    "No Samantha, that won't fit you anymore."
    "Why?"
    "Because you were a little baby when you wore that."
    "I'm still a little baby."
    "No, you're my baby, but you're not a little baby. You were 2 then, now you're almost 4."
    "But I want to wear it."
    "No Samantha, that won't fit you anymore."
    (Start conversation at line 2 again.)

    This went on for the full time it took me to sort thru the jackets, shoes, and vacume cleaners - and Halloween costumes - that were crowding the front closet. About the 6th time thru the conversation, I'd had enough.
    "NO! You are not going to fit in that costume. Enough!"
    The flash of determination in her eyes was a scary thing.
    "Ok mommy." One sly hand scoops up the costume, and back the hall to her bedroom she goes.

    I was just grateful not to be reliving the "I want to wear" it conversation, so I let it - and her - go.

    Five minutes later, she comes out of her room. "Look Mom! It DOES fit!".



    I have no idea how she squeezed herself into this thing all by herself. But she's very proud of herself for having done so.

    ---------------------------------------------

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Deborah said...

    She is never going to believe another word you say. Ever.
    but she's awfully cute!

    21/1/06 12:19 PM  
    Blogger Angela's Designs said...

    That is such a cute pic!

    21/1/06 5:05 PM  
    Blogger Lynn said...

    LOL! That's so adorable!

    My kids do the same thing.

    23/1/06 5:45 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home