Karen's Place
About Me


Name::K.A.S.
From::

View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Christmas Calvin
Almost Christmas break
Ways I annoyed my family today
I want this!
Messy day
15 things about me and books
Words from an older me
Snuggled back to sleep
Playing with css
Healthy days are over

Archives

October 2004
December 2004
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

Links

  • Bush-League
  • Musings
  • The OTHER Karen S
  • The Daily Mumps
  • Desire Authors
  • Shakespeare's Sister
  • Blogging Baby
  • Waiter Rant
  • Opinionistas
  • LKH
  • Crabby Cows

  • My Very Long Blogroll
  • . : Divas : .

    Technorati

    Enter:


    Friday, December 16, 2005

    Computer fun

    The hubby's pc started making noises over the last week. Gradually it's gotten loud enough that it actually registered with me that hey, something isn't right back here in the office. (The office is a pretty big space - think a two car garage, add another 12 feet in depth, and you get a space that comfortably has 3 desks, four computers, a couch, a tv, a play corner for my daughter, and at various times is home to a treadmill, a tent, bicycles, and ... stuff. With room to lay on the floor and do stretches.)

    So this morning I walked around sticking my head against all the pc's to figure out which one the noise was coming from. Didn't take long to narrow it down to his. Not suprising either, it's the oldest pc we own that we still use - I think it's 5 years old now.

    Compressed air cleaning didn't help, so I'm going to have to replace the fan I think - either the processor fan or the power supply fan, I can't tell til I dig the thing out which. I really hope it's just a fan problem, and not a mother board problem - if it's mother board, we're looking at a whole new pc. Don't really want to go there when I just did Christmas shopping. And his present is already bought.

    In other pc fun... I'm loving a little program called Desktop Architect that I found a few months ago. I get tired of the same old pictures, icons, and sounds on my pc, so every few weeks I change it around. My favorite right now is


    Love the dragon! I had a Santa one before that that I loved to, but it was to blue for me this morning.
    If you need a bit of Christmas cheer for your pc, try ezthemes. Great site!

    ---------------------------------------------

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home