Words from an older me
Happy Birthday me!
Having a great one, if getting older can be great. I'm still saying I'm 25 (wonder how long ago my friends go tired of hearing that?), and it doesn't bother me what it says on my drivers license - the picture is so scary, no one notices the date. Anyone who has demanded to see it will usually wince as soon as they see the photo, and hand it back with their sympathy.
So the birthday thing - Samantha slept in until almost 8! Yay! Best present from a three year old is an extra two hours of sleep. She snuggled in bed with us and told me Happy Birthday about a dozen times. Then Sean took her out for a walk, and Montgomery got up - poked his head in, being all bashful. I finally prodded him with "Did you want to say something?"
"Happy Birthday Mom" he blurts out. Then gave me a hug. My eleven year old son is not so demonstrative on his own most times, so it was very touching. Since then I've gotten another half dozen unprompted "Happy Birthday"'s from him, TWO held doors, and a positive happy son at the family lunch. Makes me wish it was my birthday more often. Then to top it all off, he smiled for family photos. Wow.
The family was great, and we had such a great brunch at First Street Grill. Sadly they are closing their doors after New Years Eve. They've been my favorite restaurant at the beach since I moved here. They're formal (ties recommended) in the dining room and casual in the bar or on the beach front patio, so there's a seat no matter how formally - or casually - you're dressed. As long as your wallet is ready for $20 dinners and $6 beers.
Sean's mom will be watching Samantha this afternoon so I can go watch football with my men. Then a late dinner to wrap up the birthday fun.
It's exactly the day I asked for.
Having a great one, if getting older can be great. I'm still saying I'm 25 (wonder how long ago my friends go tired of hearing that?), and it doesn't bother me what it says on my drivers license - the picture is so scary, no one notices the date. Anyone who has demanded to see it will usually wince as soon as they see the photo, and hand it back with their sympathy.
So the birthday thing - Samantha slept in until almost 8! Yay! Best present from a three year old is an extra two hours of sleep. She snuggled in bed with us and told me Happy Birthday about a dozen times. Then Sean took her out for a walk, and Montgomery got up - poked his head in, being all bashful. I finally prodded him with "Did you want to say something?"
"Happy Birthday Mom" he blurts out. Then gave me a hug. My eleven year old son is not so demonstrative on his own most times, so it was very touching. Since then I've gotten another half dozen unprompted "Happy Birthday"'s from him, TWO held doors, and a positive happy son at the family lunch. Makes me wish it was my birthday more often. Then to top it all off, he smiled for family photos. Wow.
The family was great, and we had such a great brunch at First Street Grill. Sadly they are closing their doors after New Years Eve. They've been my favorite restaurant at the beach since I moved here. They're formal (ties recommended) in the dining room and casual in the bar or on the beach front patio, so there's a seat no matter how formally - or casually - you're dressed. As long as your wallet is ready for $20 dinners and $6 beers.
Sean's mom will be watching Samantha this afternoon so I can go watch football with my men. Then a late dinner to wrap up the birthday fun.
It's exactly the day I asked for.
---------------------------------------------


6 Comments:
I'm tagging you for the 15 things about me and books meme! Have fun!
Happy birthday!!!
Hi KarenS the second! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!!
Are you the same KarenS who frequents the All About Romance boards by any chance? Because if you're not, then there is a third KarenS!
Yay! Happy birthday!
Happy birthday. Guess it's belated now! I love that image up top! It's so adorable.
eep I've been tagged!
Thanks for the birthday wishes ;)
I've lurked the All About Romance boards but not posted there, so there's gotta be at least 3 of us. Ok ok, odds say there are thousands of Karen S's out there but anywho...
I loved the Christmas cats. Puts me in the holiday mood every time I see it!
Post a Comment
<< Home